Archbishop of Canterbury pours scorn on ConDems 'big society'.

Some aspects of this "big society" idea are worthy of criticism, but Its a bit disingeneous of those on the left to use the Archbishop's words as a weapon to attack Cameron for it when the left generally pour scorn on the archbishop and catholicism/christianity.

I thought the Labour party was rooted in the Methodist movement and can count on Catholic support in elections.I think you receive too much information from secondary sources.Tony Blair was converted to Rome and and GB was a member of the Scottish Reform church.

No but you'd have to be a stupid person to think that the majority of housing benefit claimants are unemployed. And as reported by Shelter, just 1 in 8 claimants are out of work.

Clearly Cameron's BS is a wheeze to cover the cracks in society as the state withdraws. Are you going to be a recruit to the big society?

By the way, how much housing benefit does Cameron get from the tax payer, and do you know how many homes Cameron has got?

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but I imagine there are a few people in the country that have no idea what benefits people get, it wouldn't make them stupid, they would more likely be uninterested.

Maybe the church should but their money where their mouth is and give their vast wealth to the poor.

They use their wealth to provide the poor with spiritual guidance,to maintain church structures and to donate to charities.They do not flaunt their wealth by driving big cars,backing race horses and wearing bling.Also t'old Rowan is not allowed to touch the ££Es which are placed under stewardship of trustees.

Archived