Marmite jar draining expertise required ..

Just to get back to this for one second ... the Marmite has finally drained out of the jar required and after a bit of work, now looks like this ... PCj9u.jpg:D

I think you have put the wrong jar in the frame its still full of something "Marmite"?:huh:

How long did it actually take for the Marmite to fully empty itself into the other jar Alcoblog?

Best part of two days ... all worth it though, as you can see! As well as producing a fine work of art, the by-product has enabled me to enjoy Marmite on toast for breakfast. All is well with the world!:cool:

For the same reason you 'blow' eggs before displaying them ... bit difficult to blow a Marmite jar though :P

I know exactly what you mean!

Back in my condiment taxidermy days, I foolishly framed and mounted a lovely bottle of ketchup without first "blowing it" empty. A week later it had hatched into this.

The neighbours were not happy.

I was thinking that the marmite thingy was more like a ' break glass in case of emergency' type installation. Although what kind of emergency could possibly be improved by the application of the devil's slime beggars the imagination.

Hi! ... me again with another update on the Marmite jar draining!

Another big day here at 'Area 51 and a half' ... due to the massive learning curve of draining Marmite jar No1, I managed to drain another jar (No2) in less than one hour! (for security reasons, I can't tell you how)

As you can see from this photo, the Jubilee Jar looks lovely in its custom made box/frame.

Put the two together and Hey Presto!

Unfortunately, I have a third jar (jar No3) ... I haven't got a frame! :gag:

This obviously throws a very large spanner in the works so, if you've got one (200mm square), contact me at 'Area 51 and a half' where a handsome wad of cash awaits you! :thumbsup:

Hi! ... me again with another update on the Marmite jar draining!

Another big day here at 'Area 51 and a half' ... due to the massive learning curve of draining Marmite jar No1, I managed to drain another jar (No2) in less than one hour! (for security reasons, I can't tell you how)

As you can see from this photo, the Jubilee Jar looks lovely in its custom made box/frame.

Put the two together and Hey Presto!

Unfortunately, I have a third jar (jar No3) ... I haven't got a frame! :gag:

This obviously throws a very large spanner in the works so, if you've got one (200mm square), contact me at 'Area 51 and a half' where a handsome wad of cash awaits you! :thumbsup:

You could, of course, utilise jar No. 3 AS a frame by breaking it into small pieces, including the labels, and gluing it onto a cardboard frame backing, mozaic style. You could then nicely stuff and mount a wasp specimen within the frame.

You could, of course, utilise jar No. 3 AS a frame by breaking it into small pieces, including the labels, and gluing it onto a cardboard frame backing, mozaic style. You could then nicely stuff and mount a wasp specimen within the frame.

I can honestly say, Mr Booster ... it's a good job you're not within the telescopic sights of my Frister and Rossman semi-automatic spud gun! That's the most stupid suggestion I've ever heard! :rolleyes:

Archived