What do you think of Mexborough high street/its centre? / improvements

Dear Sheffield Forum,

I am a Masters Student at the University of Sheffield who is studying an MA in Urban Design. I am currently working on my final thesis project over the summer and i have decided to base my final project on the neighbouring town of Mexborough, inparticular its declining high street, the centre and along the river.

I was therefore wondering what local residents of Mexborough or people in the surrounding area think of Mexborough high street/its centre?

A £50,000 Government cash boost for Mexborough town centre was approved this week and could be used to move the market onto the High Street. The fund is part of a £10million Government pot intended to be used for bringing empty shops back into use, inspired by a report commissioned from TV retail expert Mary Portas.

So what improvements to Mexborough High street or its centre/ or Mexborough in general, would you like to see with this money or in general?

Thank you for your replies. Your thoughts are extremely appreciated.

Adrian

Student at The University of Sheffield

Archived