Disgusted with the BBC's bias.

It isn't a BBC bias.

The term "crackdown" is being used, seemingly, across all news channels and papers.

While, in the actual article, I cannot see the word crackdown used referring to welfare, it was used in relation to tax issues.

I guess it comes from the Tory spinners and has been grabbed by all and sundry.

The BBC should choose its language more carefully, instead of following Murdoch.

So on the late BBC news tonight, the BBC refer to the Conservatives' plans to remove Housing Benefit for the Under 25's repeatedly as a 'Crackdown on Welfare'. You crackdown on Crime, you don't 'crackdown' on welfare. Welfare recipients are not criminals. Under 25's who have to rely on housing benefit are not criminals. The disabled and dying are not criminals. The Unemployed are not criminals. It seems like the BBC is slowly disappearing up its own hugely overpaid ass.

Welfare and housing benefits shouldn't be a rout available to leave your parents home for an independant life; work should be the rout to an independent life.

Welfare and housing benefits shouldn't be a rout available to leave your parents home for an independant life; work should be the rout to an independent life.

Agreed, if only wages facilitated this, then everything would be rosy. Except for those not able to work, of course.

Wow look at all those houses which were constructed during the entire 1980s and most of the 1990s and look at all the construction during the last two years. And why is there a housing shortage in the first place?

There was wasn't mass immigration and a large increase in the UK population during the 80's and 90's. It’s not about how many houses you build, it’s about building enough to accommodate an increase in population, unfortunately Labour decided that mass immigration an increase in population could be accommodated without building houses.

I only clicked on this thread because the title of the thread suggested it was about BBC bias.

It turns out that there was no BBC bias at all, and the subject is about something else entirely.

Where do I make my complaint about SF bias?

I only clicked on this thread because the title of the thread suggested it was about BBC bias.

It turns out that there was no BBC bias at all, and the subject is about something else entirely.

Where do I make my complaint about SF bias?

I believe the BBC did display bias.

Agree though, that the thread has become sidetracked. It's become a debating thread about the withdrawal of housing benefit for the under 25s - and in all fairness, Chemist started that thread before me, so if we're debating that and not bias in the BBC, then we really should be posting on Chemist's thread. I've just posted on there.

There was wasn't mass immigration and a large increase in the UK population during the 80's and 90's. It’s not about how many houses you build, it’s about building enough to accommodate an increase in population, unfortunately Labour decided that mass immigration an increase in population could be accommodated without building houses.

Wasn't there? I don't know how long you have lived in Sheffield but in the 1980s on Saturday afternoons on Fargate there were high number number of Afro Caribbeans that used to loiter around. Kelvin and Hyde Park flats were noteable housing areas for them.

Archived