Disgusted with the BBC's bias.

Where were the BBC when the "coming danger" was a meltdown of the economy brough on by reckless lefty policies.

I thought that it was dangerously pro-global capitalist policies which allowed the capitalist elite - the internationalist bankers and financiers - to take huge risks and gamble their banks and our money into financial meltdown and they then had to be bailed out by ordinary working people?

I thought that it was dangerously pro-global capitalist policies which allowed the capitalist elite - the internationalist bankers and financiers - to take huge risks and gamble their banks and our money into financial meltdown and they then had to be bailed out by ordinary working people?

You would think that if you listen to the BBC.

You would think that if you listen to the BBC.

Be fair. I've always taken BBC news with a pinch of salt and I think it's reasonable to say that it was caused by a mixture of what Interviewer said and what you said.

This ^^^

Plus the fact that the real root of the problem is that HB goes through the pockets of the recipients then into landlord's pockets. Thus propping up those who really can afford to stand on their own two feet. Anyone with two houses or more, doesn't need help from the state.

If the Tories propose this in conjunction with rent controls, they have a winner.

Unemployment benefit goes through the pockets of Tesco etc. Thus propping up those who really can afford to stand on their own two feet.

Anyone with two supermarkets or more, doesn't need help from the State.

Shirley Porter, Tesco heiress and 'homes for votes' gerrymanderer would see her past policies come home to roost in a most interesting fashion.

I commented about that to the missus. The terminology seemed a bit strange. We'll have to see what the actual proposal is, how they word it.

I find lots of media terms strange, things like

"PM BLASTS decision to cut grass, by opposition MP's!"

"Union chiefs SLAM proposition to work hard!"

Do these people literally BLAST and SLAM things?

What are you blabbing on about?

Right. I'll take this very, very slowly just for you Mecky/Wednesday1 (surely there can't be two identical political neanderthals spending all day posting crap on here?):

My god, you sound like a Sheffield United fan, it's all the Sheffield Star's fault ... etc.
(Your post #29)

So I said:

'You sound just like a Sheffield Unit....oh, hang on, your whingeing is selective, isn't it?

Just like this site being a rest home for right wing thugs then isn't it?

(Your post #50)

So I said:

Sorry you feel SF is a 'rest home for right wing thugs' (I could use your leftie argument and say Prove it! Prove it!) but you and a couple more delusional fools will keep redressing the balance.

...and then I said:

And when it costs £145.50 a year to visit SF, you can complain about bias.

See? The thread was about BBC bias, but in your haste to put down 'The Compleat Works of Arthur Scargill' you used your free hand to have a rant about SF and it being a 'rest home for right wing thugs'. The £145.50 refers to the cost of a TV licence and (sigh) why it is wrong for a publicly-funded service to display bias.

But congratulations! Your succinct and extremely well thought-out ripose 'What are you blabbing on about?' somehow avoided the use of the words 'Smarmy', 'Dave', 'Daily' and 'Fail'.

You're improving!

Where were the BBC when the "coming danger" was a meltdown of the economy brough on by reckless lefty policies. I don't remember Peston warning us all of the dangers of that. He was too busy singing the praises of the man who had abolished boom and bust. You will never hear the BBC describe our current woes as being because the welfare state costs more than we can afford. All you get is the cuts agenda complaining about everything. The BBC are a national disgrace.

I thought it was bailing out the banks that meant we are massively in debt? Oh no wait that can't be right, the banks are a private sector organisations, so they can't do anything wrong. Why is it just the welfare state costs more than we can afford, what about state education, policing and all the other services that the Government provide?

I thought it was bailing out the banks that meant we are massively in debt? Oh no wait that can't be right, the banks are a private sector organisations, so they can't do anything wrong. Why is it just the welfare state costs more than we can afford, what about state education, policing and all the other services that the Government provide?

Don't forget the increase in foreign aid

Right. I'll take this very, very slowly just for you Mecky/Wednesday1 (surely there can't be two identical political neanderthals spending all day posting crap on here?):

(Your post #29)

So I said:

'You sound just like a Sheffield Unit....oh, hang on, your whingeing is selective, isn't it?

(Your post #50)

So I said:

Sorry you feel SF is a 'rest home for right wing thugs' (I could use your leftie argument and say Prove it! Prove it!) but you and a couple more delusional fools will keep redressing the balance.

...and then I said:

And when it costs £145.50 a year to visit SF, you can complain about bias.

See? The thread was about BBC bias, but in your haste to put down 'The Compleat Works of Arthur Scargill' you used your free hand to have a rant about SF and it being a 'rest home for right wing thugs'. The £145.50 refers to the cost of a TV licence and (sigh) why it is wrong for a publicly-funded service to display bias.

But congratulations! Your succinct and extremely well thought-out ripose 'What are you blabbing on about?' somehow avoided the use of the words 'Smarmy', 'Dave', 'Daily' and 'Fail'.

You're improving!

You have the insight of an unemployed, two up / two down Tory!:cool:

Archived