Devonshire Cat beer

jemson

Sorry kirkyb!

I've got a grievance with any place that serves suspect beer! I'm not the only one who had an issue as there were a number of people agreeing with my observations at the time. Anyway there are plenty of other pubs in Sheffield that I rate and regularly visit and I'm sure me not visiting the cat as often as I used to won't bankrupt them. On a similar note I went into the sheaf view on Saturday and was massively underwhelmed.

I've got a grievance with any place that serves suspect beer! I'm not the only one who had an issue as there were a number of people agreeing with my observations at the time. Anyway there are plenty of other pubs in Sheffield that I rate and regularly visit and I'm sure me not visiting the cat as often as I used to won't bankrupt them. On a similar note I went into the sheaf view on Saturday and was massively underwhelmed.

Have to agree the cat been on a bit of a downward spiral recently beer not as good and a tad expensive.

Have dropped it from my strolls round recently. Like Kirkyb states there are many other options available. I gave the HOP a try last weekend and was very pleasantly surprised.

I'm more impressed with the HOP than when it was first opened. I had a pint of Excelsior and it was terrible but the last 2 times I went I'm recently I've had some really nice pints in there. Had some really good beers in the Harlequin recently and the choice is always really good.

I was in earlier for the fist time in ages. I was impressed that they had a few ciders on but most of them were nearly four quid!

I also noticed the same crap service. First time, a massive que at the bar and quite a few useless staff. How hard is it to pay attention to the people waiting and see who has been stood for ages?! Second time, no que at the bar, same useless staff. it still took ages to get served because they choose to ignore the customers completely and carry on putting glasses away.

I also had a chicken burger. It looked quite nice but was pretty bland and is still sat like a stone while my guts works out what the hell to do with it. Fair to say I will give it another year or two before going back!

Thanks for the advice. I popped in last night and had 2 nice pints of a Crouch Vale beer so I`m hoping that `normal` service has been resumed.

Oooooh Crouch Vale!

I used to live in Essex & I still miss Brewer's Gold. Lovely session beer that one.

I think you are very much permitted to share your thoughts on here! I suspect Kirkbyb has some form of issue with the Dev Cat! And probably should talk to the pub directly about there grievances! That would be a polite thing to do hmmm?

I also contributed to the last thread about the beer quality in the Dev Cat that was shut down without notice. I can understand if it was due to the death of one of its associates, so fair enough. However, I got the impression at the time that negative reviews were the main cause.

I've not been in the Dev Cat since having a few bad pints there last month. Still waiting for someone to explain why it's gone downhill, prices up, quality down, or to defend the place.

Archived