Are you prepared for an "emergency"?

My Hubby has it all planned out! Personally I think he's been playing a bit too much Dead Island! :suspect:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: i'm not the only one then :D

weaponarys a bit of a worry tho tbh, obviously living in england we dont have access to many guns, not sure where id get any round here, even in the country

not sure i want to go down the shaun of the dead route and waste all my vinyl tho :(

Do you have a working torch and know where it is? Several wind-up ones. Plus I've still got a touch of the old school with candles and matches

Do you know where your fusebox / stopcock is? Fusebox - Yes, Stopcock, Yes, both of them.

Do you have an emergency supply of cash (even just £20) in the house? Yes

Is all your money tied up in one bank? No. 2 accounts in 2 separate banks which showed it's worth as one of the accounts is with RBS

Do you have a spare house and car key? Yes. In a coded key-safe on-site but external to my house

And more importantly is it with someone you can trust and has the means to bring it to you? No need (see above)

When did you last back up your important files and photos? Is it off-site?

Significantly important - Cloud Stored across 3 providers, Backed up automatically should they be changed.

Files I want to keep (sentimental etc) - backed up to a NAS system (RAID 1) weekly.

My PC and NAS system have UPS (if power goes I need to be able to shut down NAS remotely)

weaponarys a bit of a worry tho tbh, obviously living in england we dont have access to many guns, not sure where id get any round here, even in the country

not sure i want to go down the shaun of the dead route and waste all my vinyl tho :(

:D You'd have to scout out the farmhouses for guns and think about taking up archery (not too good if you have hoardes of zombies surrounding you:o)and also i was thinking crossbows have you seen this. :love:http://newslite.tv/2012/06/24/shop-creates-ar15-zombie-destr.html

Oh and don't forget a screwdriver to remove doors, so you can build an impromptu 'nuke shelter' like those old government adverts from years ago advised us to do.

Am I showing my age?

You're talking about the official HMSO Government guide 'Protect and Survive' from 1980 - what to do in the event of a nuclear attack.

It was a sick joke back then, thirty two years on, it's unbelievable that a government could have issued such garbage ... well, make up your own minds...

Protect and Survive

Archived