Where to buy size 24 wedding dress

La Bella Brides of Hillsborough (formerly Chapeltown) are excellent for 16+ sizes as well as all other sizes. The staff and owner are very helpful and informative, they have a laid back approach and are not judgmental of your size or budget. They have lots of choice for you to try on. Would recommend them to anyone.:) Look at their website http://www.labellabrides.org.uk

I had a appointment with la bella brides on friday i found them to be none of the above. The lady who fitted me in the dresse was rude and judgemental. I gave them the details of what i didnt want i wanted them to dress me i was a guinipig in there hands not one of the dresses that they chose remotley suited me in the slightest. I was asked if she was to fetch the most expensive dress out that they stocked would i be interested to which i replied i dont know what it looks like, but if its the one i would do my up most to pay for it, This dress was not produced. and when i had narrowed it down to two that i liked she said ill give you 1 hour to decide if you give me a answer today ill give you 20% discount, tomorrow it goes back up to full price. Very dissapointed in there service one comment that was made people come in to play dress up:rant:

• 3 weeks later...

I Know they had a special offer on in August that if you bought on your first visit you could get 20% off or 10% off if you came back in the next 7 days. We had such good service I took my friend she got hers there and she looked fantastic and saved £400 on the offer. We had a fantastic day the best shop we went in to try dresses on by far.

Some people do just go to try styles on with no intentions to buy from shops then go on the internet to buy or have them made. This is not fair as they have to pay the staff to spend a couple of hours with you.

• 1 month later...

The Wedding Palace on Doncaster Road Barnsley is a very good wedding shop. Not only for the bride, they do all the grooms outfits aswell. It's a very well stocked shop with so much choice and they are not pushy either. I think it's a family run business and they have been doing it years. You can also hire wedding cars here too and very reasonably priced. I have nothing but praise for the service they offer. I have no connection with the business at all other than when my daughter got married 5 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

When you see how many people struggle with larger sized wedding dresses (and you realise quite how tall I am!) you will understand why I had mine made to measure. Granted it did cost quite a bit, but I'm completely the wrong size and height for virtually every off the peg dress, and adding on a bit of length to the skirt won't take away from the fact that the waist is in a different place to mine.

I went to Wendy Bailey in Bawtry, who made me the most fabulous corset top, long skirt and riding coat with a train, and I can guarantee never to see another bride in my wedding dress too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived