Make the rich pay. They caused it!

You misremember a lot of stuff as well:

The Education Act 1944 provided milk - a third of a pint a day - in schools to all children in the United Kingdom under the age of 18 until 1968 when Harold Wilson’s Labour Government withdrew free milk from secondary schools.

You didn't get it right about deregulating the banks either but loonatics like you don't care about facts, just lazy rhetoric so please feel free to carry on. Yawn.

Pot,kettle,black???:rolleyes:

One warning and one only, keep it civil and free from bickering and personal insults or i will suspend the accounts of all those indulging themselves in such tedious behavior.

Debts are created by governments by overtaxing. If we were not overtaxed by the ConDems far fewer people would have wolves at their doors.

Petrol is still 80p per litre in Lanzarote.

Cigarettes that cost £7 per packet here are £2 there.

There are no parking charges anywhere.

There are no speedtraps anywhere.

We had a lovely buffet meal for about £6

Need I go on?

Many peoples debts are caused by overtaxing in England.

Yeah, and they are doing so well in Spain aren't they? What's the unemployment rate up to now? 25%?

Just remind us again who was in charge of setting the tax rates between 1997 and 2010? During which time tax as a % of people's salaries rose by 100%.

The rich (and I am not one of them) did not cause this problem.

Let me ask a couple of questions:

1) Do/Have you always ensured that goods that you've always bought have been made in the UK and how many of you have taken out largish loans?

2) For those who bought their own properties how many if with a partner stuck to the "old" rule of 2.5+1?

Also how many people "stick it on the card" these days rather than try to fix an item?

WE ALL CREATED THIS PROBLEM BY THINKING THE "GOOD TIMES WOULD KEEP ROLLING" AND JUST IN CASE MANY OF THE FOOLS OUT THERE HAD NOT NOTICED - IT'S A WORLDWIDE PROBLEM NOT JUST THE UK.:D

Now remind me. What was the name of that confounded woman who deregulated the banks?....Let me think...hmmmmmm. :huh:

I remember that she stole milk from children too.:cool:

Was it Maggy Snatcher or something?:hihi:

But she didn’t give them the free rains to do as they please, that was Labour, but in either case it was still the governments fault and not rich peoples fault.

I agree that Governments must shoulder a lot of the blame, but, with Globalisation and mega corporations, who owns the governments? I would argue that the 1% put sufficient pressure on all governments to ensure they stay supremely wealthy, (and indeed get even wealthier,) at the expense of everyone else.

Governments no longer do what is right, but what is expedient.

The fact we have mega corporations is the fault of the people, it’s the people that want the cheap stuff these corporation sell, the people are ultimately to blame for buying stuff they don't need, for looking to buy it as cheaply as possible and for electing governments that don't act in their best interests.

The fact we have mega corporations is the fault of the people, it’s the people that want the cheap stuff these corporation sell, the people are ultimately to blame for buying stuff they don't need, for looking to buy it as cheaply as possible and for electing governments that don't act in their best interests.

"It is the governments fault and not the rich peoples"

Is Cameron poor?:huh:

Archived