Make the rich pay. They caused it!

So you didn't borrow one penny you shouldn't have? Or was your irresponsible borrowing (keeping up with the Joneses, perhaps) the banks' fault entirely?

Further, what is 'poor' in this day and age?

Only one iPad in a family of seven? One 50 inch flat-screen? Only two holidays abroad a year?

Go on: blame the 'rich'; it detracts from the real party deserving of blame: you.

What a load of utter twaddle.

The banks only have themselves to blame.

I have been helping a friend get out of debt, and the banks have done all within their power to obstruct her from paying off her debt. Giving her the run around, sending her to different departments on the premium phoneline, and then different branches! And finally, when it was paid off, she cannot stop the deluge of offers of more credit from them. The banks have acted shamefully and still are doing. They are still encouraging personal borrowing on a massive scale.

The current financial situation was undoubtedly caused by the rich. It is ALL their fault. So what do the ConDems in their infinite wisdom do?

They dream up scheme after scheme after scheme to batter the poor to pay for the greedy wrongdoings of Camerons bedfellow bankers! It makes me sick!

:gag:

Make the rich pay! Confiscate their money!

The rich would rather see us all dead than loose 1% of the bottom line.

Then nobody would be able to collect taxation, perhaps that's what you want? If you underfund and understaff services, what do you expect?

It was uncollected whilst they had jobs, they didn’t do their job so should have been sacked.

Ermmm .. Borrowing is up whilst tax receipts are down http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18587254

Not according to this.

2008-09 508 Billion

2009-10 477.8 Billion

2010-11 528.9 Billion

2011-12 550.6 Billion

Borrowing shouldn't be up though I agree we should be cutting much harder, and getting rid of the dead wood in the public sector.

Not according to this.

2008-09 508 Billion

2009-10 477.8 Billion

2010-11 528.9 Billion

2011-12 550.6 Billion

Borrowing shouldn't be up though I agree we should be cutting much harder, and getting rid of the dead wood in the public sector.

So the BBC is not good enough for you then? Oh of course not, the BBC are commie lefties, we should have known!

Not according to this.

2008-09 508 Billion

2009-10 477.8 Billion

2010-11 528.9 Billion

2011-12 550.6 Billion

They are flawed statistics.

So the BBC is not good enough for you then? Oh of course not, the BBC are commie lefties, we should have known!

The BBC report failed to tell us the figures, I have no idea which one is correct, I'm not privy to treasury information, I would have anticipated tax being lower because of the problems left by Labour, either way borrowing needs to fall by cutting more dead wood out of the public sector and getting the lazy into work.

Sorry I have had another look at your link and tax receipts are up.

What, like Occupy? They're a dirty word on here.

Occupy weren't out making a fuss though, were they? Did putting a few tents outside the Cathedral & then leaving them abandoned change anything? They were pathetic, it was never going to be a revolution. They took disorganisation to a new level & showed how badly it doesn't work.

Occupy weren't out making a fuss though, were they? Did putting a few tents outside the Cathedral & then leaving them abandoned change anything? They were pathetic, it was never going to be a revolution. They took disorganisation to a new level & showed how badly it doesn't work.

OK, So how would you 'make a fuss' then. Serious question.

Archived