Make the rich pay. They caused it!

OK, So how would you 'make a fuss' then. Serious question.

Have a protest with some people there instead of just tents, it'd be a start. Try to rally people to your cause instead of being paranoid & defensive, constantly turning away potential supporters. Don't be scared of getting arrested. Have a clear objective & plans for how to get there.

Search Google for "how to protest" for more ideas.

Can't say I support riots, but they seem much more effective than erecting empty tents.

I never said that I supported them either. They were very effective indeed however and very swiftly achieved their objective.:)

Have a protest with some people there instead of just tents, it'd be a start. Try to rally people to your cause instead of being paranoid & defensive, constantly turning away potential supporters. Don't be scared of getting arrested. Have a clear objective & plans for how to get there.

We've had thousands of students on the street, protesting about tuition fees.

Did it do any good?

We had riots in London and many major cities, (and in spite of what was reported, they were not all looters - that's what they want you to think so that you condemn them.) Did that do any good?

No, it just gave the government an excuse to dish out draconian prison sentances to frighten anyone else from protesting, and to put new legislation in place to prevent it.

We really are the little people, with no power to do anything about anything.

They ave us exactly where they want us.

We've had thousands of students on the street, protesting about tuition fees.

Did it do any good?

We had riots in London and many major cities, (and in spite of what was reported, they were not all looters - that's what they want you to think so that you condemn them.) Did that do any good?

No, it just gave the government an excuse to dish out draconian prison sentances to frighten anyone else from protesting, and to put new legislation in place to prevent it.

We really are the little people, with no power to do anything about anything.

They ave us exactly where they want us.

You have to build enough passionate support & organise them properly. The things you mention were relatively small scale.

You have to build enough passionate support & organise them properly. The things you mention were relatively small scale.

How much bigger can it get than what's going on now? Yet total apathy reigns.

How can you build passionate support when no one really understands what's going on (we're not meant to for that very reason) We are ripe for any propaganda they care to throw at us, such as 'we've all borrowed too much, so it's your fault we're in this state...'

People should be so angry they're tearing down the gates, but you can see just from this forum, how people have swallowed that message hook line and sinker.

I've started another thread, to see if anyone can explain it in terms ordinary people understand, but I'm not hopeful...

Can't say I support riots, but they seem much more effective than erecting empty tents.

Sadly, the way things are going they are seemingly inevitable. I think the government has realised this and is still asking for narks from last year's riots to try and deter fresh ones.

Archived