Make the rich pay. They caused it!

Which is exactly why we should confiscate all the wealth and property from the idle rich and throw them in jail to rot. They do nothing for society yet take massive amounts out of society. I could gladly line them up and...well, you know.

But as the top 1% of earners pay 30% of all the tax in this country but barely use the NHS or state schools what you post is blatant nonsense.

But as the top 1% of earners pay 30% of all the tax in this country but barely use the NHS or state schools what you post is blatant nonsense.

They avoid paying the tax that they should pay. You post total rubbish. There are some figures about tax avoidance somewhere on SF as we speak. It makes very interesting reading.

They avoid paying the tax that they should pay. You post total rubbish.

You can't get away from the fact that the top 1% of earners pay 30% of the tax whilst the majority on lower incomes merely take out of the system.

Similarly you can't get away from the fact that it is those who set up businesses that provide jobs for the rest.

This is the bit that puzzles me...why should some kids from poorer homes be deterred? They don't have to pay anything back until they start earning around £20k now..do you think they don't want to invest in their own future?

I was married with 3 kids and a mortgage, when I did my degree, the first in my family to do so.

That was hard enough. If I'd been putting the family in hock to the tune of £36,000 (4 year course) plus interest, with no guarentee of a job, then I wouldn't have gone.

£36,000 is an enormous debt just the same as any other. Whose to say that some future government won't change the rules again, and insist the debt is repaid when you're earning £15,000, or £10,000 or..... see my point?

I was married with 3 kids and a mortgage, when I did my degree, the first in my family to do so.

That was hard enough. If I'd been putting the family in hock to the tune of £36,000 (4 year course) plus interest, with no guarentee of a job, then I wouldn't have gone.

£36,000 is an enormous debt just the same as any other. Whose to say that some future government won't change the rules again, and insist the debt is repaid when you're earning £15,000, or £10,000 or..... see my point?

This lot will shift the goal posts regularly in favour of the rich. They do not want anyone other than the rich to receive a university education. Tory boys never have done.

There are also many lower paid who work cash in hand and never pay tax but claim unemployment benefits

I would suggest that an idle rich slob who does not make any contribution out of his many millions is far worse than someone born with no prospects who fiddles a few quid because the system is totally stacked against him.

Archived