Make the rich pay. They caused it!

I was married with 3 kids and a mortgage, when I did my degree, the first in my family to do so.

That was hard enough. If I'd been putting the family in hock to the tune of £36,000 (4 year course) plus interest, with no guarentee of a job, then I wouldn't have gone.

£36,000 is an enormous debt just the same as any other. Whose to say that some future government won't change the rules again, and insist the debt is repaid when you're earning £15,000, or £10,000 or..... see my point?

Who would you like to see pay your debts? Do you think they should buy you are a car and a flat screen TV as well?

The more of this uniformed bile you spout the less sensible people take you seriously. It is pretty clear that you are nothing but an idiot with time on his hands.

Doesn't it strike you as hypocritical when you post this on Sheffield Forum, during working hours?

I would suggest that an idle rich slob who does not make any contribution out of his many millions is far worse than someone born with no prospects who fiddles a few quid because the system is totally stacked against him.

So its OK for some people to fiddle their taxes then?

What do you regard as working hours?

For me, it's whenever I've got work on, nothing on today, so I've got time on my hands. I wasn't criticising other people for having time on their hands though & I freely admit I've got nothing better to do today than spout uninformed bile.

9-5 is standard for most people.

For me, it's whenever I've got work on, nothing on today, so I've got time on my hands. I wasn't criticising other people for having time on their hands though & I freely admit I've got nothing better to do today than spout uninformed bile.

9-5 is standard for most people.

I just wondered why you would thnk it hypocrital to post "during working hours" when you have no idea what I do and no idea where I live?

I'm capable of rational thought which is clearly something you are not.

Moron!!!

Personal insults.

Are you deliberately trying to get this thread closed down?

Has the subject matter got too hot for you?

It's this sort of thing that's actually closing down debate on Sheffield Forum. Is that what you intended?

Who would you like to see pay your debts? Do you think they should buy you are a car and a flat screen TV as well?

A very eronious comment,

Education is the most reliable way for working class people to move up socio-economic groups. They will also pay more tax as a result, to fund the education of others.

A well educated population also serves society in all sorts of ways. Teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, the list is endless. Also it is a civilising inflence which all society benefits from. Educate the mother, you will also educate the children.

A very eronious comment,

Education is the most reliable way for working class people to move up socio-economic groups. They will also pay more tax as a result, to fund the education of others.

A well educated population also serves society in all sorts of ways. Teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, the list is endless. Also it is a civilising inflence which all society benefits from. Educate the mother, you will also educate the children.

Presumably if you expect to pay more tax you must expect to earn more. So why do you object to paying for that. Would you prefer your degree to be funded by those who have not had the benefit of a university education or the increased salary you expect as a result?

I just wondered why you would thnk it hypocrital to post "during working hours" when you have no idea what I do and no idea where I live?

You are doing the exact thing that you're criticising others for. Wasting time & spouting uninformed bile. That's what makes you a hypocrite.

Archived