Depression, anyone else dealing with it?

Was just wondering if anyone is depressed.

I'm interested in knowing how people deal with it, medication? I really don't wanna turn to any meds. I've not even been to the doctors lately, because some days I am happy enough but 2 out of three days I feel like utter ****e.

To be honest I've been depressed for a number of years. I rarely visit the medical center, when I do it's usually because I really need to, I have to drag myself there.

The last time I was there, maybe 2 years ago, I mentioned how depressed I was, but the doctor just fobbed me off.

I'm not really into meds anyway, I'd much rather get through it by myself, but I must question am I just stuck here? in this frame of mind... after so long.

I'm heading for 30, and I just want to be comfortable in life, but its like a ball and chain around my foot.

Eat heathily, Fruit and nuts, fresh fruit juice (not from concentrate) and go for a walk away from electromagnetic polution and city noise.

I ride my bike to the peak district and find a quite spot.

The exercise creates good endorphines in the brain which make you happy.

Turn the TV off, Its mind pollution, to much sex, violence and promotion of a materialistic lifestyle will pull you down.

Buy a book or pick up an old childhood hobby like painting or playing guitar or poetry and create your own headspace.

Dont let anyone else invade it.

Meditation and yoga work wonders also.

Eat heathily, Fruit and nuts, fresh fruit juice (not from concentrate)

Maybe I'm unenlightened, but I really don't see how eating nuts and fresh fruit juice can combat depression!

What works for one person may be entirely inappropriate for another.

Truth is, there is no magic spell to combatting depression. Just a recognition of what is dull in your life and a determination to change it!

Don't feel that medication is a no-no. I have suffered from depression several times in the past. I know the feeling of being on the outside looking in, of feeling that the world is going on and leaving you behind. These days I have been very lucky and have managed to pull myself back but I have in the past taken medication, sometimes just a months supply is enough. It just helps you get on top of it and enables you to overcome some of those low feelings and make sense of your thoughts. Diet and exercise will not help if you are very low am afraid as thar is not dealing with the underlying problem. I recommend having a chat with your doctor. If you don't want the medication that is your choice but perhaps try speaking to a counseller as "getting your head around it" is often enough to help you know what is best to deal with it.

Drink at least 8 pints of water a day to help clear out the toxins, stop eating fast food, eat plenty of fruit, nuts fresh food etc.

Find something you enjoy doing, ie an activity that fires your interests something that gets your heart beating faster. I would recommend something that you have to interact with other people. Sports if you are that way inclined, or get yourself on a few education courses in something you have always wanted to try but didn't do because of one excuse or another.

Drink at least 8 pints of water a day to help clear out the toxins, stop eating fast food, eat plenty of fruit, nuts fresh food etc.

Find something you enjoy doing, ie an activity that fires your interests something that gets your heart beating faster. I would recommend something that you have to interact with other people. Sports if you are that way inclined, or get yourself on a few education courses in something you have always wanted to try but didn't do because of one excuse or another.

Jesus!!!!!...8 pints of water a day!......That'll be depressing enough, cos he'll spend most of his time in the loo!!!!:suspect::hihi:

I kind of agree with the last bit though about finding something that 'fires interest'.

Was just wondering if anyone is depressed.

I'm interested in knowing how people deal with it, medication? I really don't wanna turn to any meds. I've not even been to the doctors lately, because some days I am happy enough but 2 out of three days I feel like utter ****e.

To be honest I've been depressed for a number of years. I rarely visit the medical center, when I do it's usually because I really need to, I have to drag myself there.

The last time I was there, maybe 2 years ago, I mentioned how depressed I was, but the doctor just fobbed me off.

I'm not really into meds anyway, I'd much rather get through it by myself, but I must question am I just stuck here? in this frame of mind... after so long.

I'm heading for 30, and I just want to be comfortable in life, but its like a ball and chain around my foot.

Cognitive therapy could be the key.

Speak to your GP about it :)

Archived