Government borrowing up. Tax receipts down.

Is this going somewhere?

It appears that your family built up a pot of svaings at the expense of the state. If your family had not claimed CB you would have had to build up that pot of savings yourselves, out of your own money.

That said, I'm glad you and the kids' mother put that money aside for them. It's good parenting and a wonderful gift to your kids when they reached 18 years. It's exactly the sort of thing that CB should be used for.

It appears that your family built up a pot of svaings at the expense of the state. If your family had not claimed CB you would have had to build up that pot of savings yourselves, out of your own money.

That said, I'm glad you and the kids' mother put that money aside for them. It's good parenting and a wonderful gift to your kids when they reached 18 years. It's exactly the sort of thing that CB should be used for.

very generous in spirit:)

The money we personally set aside for them would have remained the same, so the pot of money would have been smaller without the CB, so I didn't benefit from CB. Child benefits are meant to benefit the child which is what they did.

If it's not required, then how is receiving unnecessary benefits "good parenting"?

The money we personally set aside for them would have remained the same, so the pot of money would have been smaller without the CB, so I didn't benefit from CB. Child benefits are meant to benefit the child which is what they did.

But your family received the benefit. You can't deny that. It was paid every 4 weeks, for years.

Archived