Broken wings on Asda chickens.

Has any one else noticed that Asda chickens seem to have broken wings very frequently. I think about 8 out of the last 10 chickens we have bought had one or both wings broken. I find this quite disturbing as it leads me to think they are having their wings broken while they are alive to stop them flying. It also taints the meat around the break. I have noticed this in both the cooked and uncooked Asda chickens.

Has any one else noticed that Asda chickens seem to have broken wings very frequently. I think about 8 out of the last 10 chickens we have bought had one or both wings broken. I find this quite disturbing as it leads me to think they are having their wings broken while they are alive to stop them flying. It also taints the meat around the break. I have noticed this in both the cooked and uncooked Asda chickens.

So take those broken wings,and learn to fly again,and learn to live so free.Did you hear the voices sing,and open up your heart and let them in?

There is not much meat on the wings anyhow. Just cut them off and chuck them away, or boil them up for gravy.

As for having them broken to stop them flying, be assured it nowt to do with that.

I did a spell on a chicken farm.

Angelfire.

how about this -- it makes the packaging easier and neater!!

I'm thinking more along the lines of cruelty to animals. There is no reason to break their wings at all other than to stop them flying. This brings me the notion that the wings are being broken while the chickens are alive. A bit sad really.

I don't buy the cheap chickens, and I like to eat the wings.

There is not much meat on the wings anyhow. Just cut them off and chuck them away, or boil them up for gravy.

As for having them broken to stop them flying, be assured it nowt to do with that.

I did a spell on a chicken farm.

Angelfire.

I have a neighbour i'm not keen on, could you possibly do a spell on her as well.

While you are at it check out the hocks on the birds they sell. They cut the skin off the back of the hocks because it showed that it had spent its life roosting on urine soaked feces. The skin was burnt by the ammonia and the industries answer was to hide the evidence, not improve the conditions.

If you really care buy a free range quality bird and go back to when chicken was a once a week treat. people have gotten used to having meat 7 days a week.

Archived