I want to start cycling to and from work..what bike to get??

Once you get into the commute, you'll want to try doing it faster and faster!

My record from my current place is 53 minutes, and I'm finding I haven't got high enough gears to keep up speed on the flat :D

I do enjoy the granny ring for the uphills though..

When I worked in Sheffield, I cycled everyday, I got to the point where I felt it was more of an incovenience to take the car than cycle, whatever the weather!

I was like that too, I got it down to 15 minutes for just over 3 miles. There were some days when I drove to work and hated it, and if there is traffic it can take me longer than 15 minutes to drive there. Unfortunately I fell off and I haven't been on my bike since, driving is annoying :(

I was like that too, I got it down to 15 minutes for just over 3 miles. There were some days when I drove to work and hated it, and if there is traffic it can take me longer than 15 minutes to drive there. Unfortunately I fell off and I haven't been on my bike since, driving is annoying :(

I do feel sorry for car drivers, stuck bumper to bumper in gridlocked traffic during rush hour, while cyclists whizz by unhindered.

Obviously, for some, the car is necessary for that journey, but I'm betting that a good portion of the rest are in the car simply cos they don't know how much quicker, and how much more enjoyable, cycling is.

It's a shame, cos if that percentage did switch to cycling, the road would be way less gridlocked.

Get back on, it's the only way to overcome!

I mainly drive now, just because of distance, lack of shower facilities and the fact I have quite a physical job. I try and bike once a week though!

Up until the point I need to do home visits again...

Archived