A question about claiming E.S.A.

Guest Wyrd

I signed off Jobseekers' Allowance five days ago (so now I have no food in the house) and claimed E.S.A. on the same day. I've just phoned to see how the claim is progressing and was told it could well take another five days. Is this normal? I'm having to borrow cans of food from friends to eat, it seems a ridiculously long wait.

:(

I know someone who was made redundant 6 weeks ago. She claimed for contributions based JSA on the first day, but has only received one payment of just over £50.

People who work in job centres are coached not to prompt or be helpful to new claimants. They also use a premium rate number in the hope that they can put people off claiming. They get a bonus for that. She has made over a dozen phone calls so far to no avail.:(

People who work in job centres are coached not to prompt or be helpful to new claimants.

Incorrect

They also use a premium rate number in the hope that they can put people off claiming.

Also incorrect

They get a bonus for that.

and again, incorrect

That's 3 out of 3

Archived