Whirlow Farm wedding venue..

• 2 weeks later...
I had my wedding there last year, hired the farmhouse for the weekend, had a blessing in the garden and then the lambing barn for the reception.

I can't remember the exact cost for the various parts but with the barn lined by Ascot Marquees, all the table/chair hire, food, bar etc etc etc it only came to about £3k, total spend of wedding was less than £5k.

We used several vendors that are used to Whirlow as a venue, Ascot Marquees as I have already said and PJ Taste for our catering, Sean's at Banner Cross for pie and peas in the evening.

I'm totally biased cos it was my wedding, but we had an awesome weekend and i would not have changed a single thing, it's totally unique and a blank canvas.

Lisa was our contact, she was very helpful. Happy to share some pictures of what our wedding was like if you would be interested to see what can be achieved - just send me a message.

Good luck!

Rachel

Hi Rachael

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of your wedding. We are considering Whirlow Hall farm as a venue, but it'd be good to see what it looks like dressed up!

Thanks

Verity

I had an e-mail from them yesterday they say "We will be having some restorative work done on the hall next year so we will not open our bookings for 2014 until we know the dates the work will take place." So at the moment they can't take bookings because they don't want to let anyone down. I'm sure if you ask for more details they'd be able to provide some.

But they're still stopping doing weddings....

Fretwell Downing who used to run Whirlowbrook Hall have given up the contract which is why people were told that they were no longer doing weddings there. A company called Kudos have taken over the contract and as far as I am aware will still be doing weddings at the Hall.

However, this is a completely seperate venue from Whirlow Farm.

I had an e-mail from them yesterday they say "We will be having some restorative work done on the hall next year so we will not open our bookings for 2014 until we know the dates the work will take place." So at the moment they can't take bookings because they don't want to let anyone down. I'm sure if you ask for more details they'd be able to provide some.

Thanks for that bit of information. They've not even mentioned that when we went to look round and emailed them numerous times. However, if we need to book somewhere else for 2014, we may struggle now...

Hi . I know both whirlowbrook hall and whirlow farm as wedding venue as I have worked in both.. they are virtually next door to each other which adds to the confusion. I am an independent wedding master of ceremonies (The Sheffield Toastmaster.com) and in my unbiased view I would say the Whirlowbrook Hall is the better of the two venues. Their prices are very competetive and the weddding co-ordinater i excellent

I've photographed at both venues and agree with the above :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, just noticed this thread searching something else. Whirlowbrook Hall will be open from May this year. The lease was taken up by Mosborough Hall (who sponsor the forums football team). They have a new site - http://whirlowbrook.co.uk/ which is the new one with contact details on there.

According to information released when they announced the lease, the venue should be open in May 2013 but viewings can be arrange before hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Rachel, thats so beautiful and very inspiring....and all for under 5k you said?

Amazing x

---------- Post added 03-07-2013 at 09:10 ----------

Does anyone else have any experience and/or photographs of a wedding at Whirlow Farm please?

I am increasingly interested!

Thanks x

Archived