What happened to all the amazing last minute holiday deals?

What happened to all the great holiday deals if you can go within a week? I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary. Anyone got any good sites to check out? And don't say last minute .com!

:)

How much and what you looking for?

Lets not forget that the last Labour Government also hit us hard with increases in APD.

I remember purchasing a flight several years ago, the Labour Govetnment then upped APD at the budjet but then made everyone who had already purchased their ticket before the increase in APD but where due to fly out aftet the date of the increase, pay the increase in APD.

Lets not forget that the last Labour Government also hit us hard with increases in APD.

I remember purchasing a flight several years ago, the Labour Govetnment then upped APD at the budjet but then made everyone who had already purchased their ticket before the increase in APD but where due to fly out aftet the date of the increase, pay the increase in APD.

Totally incorrect.:cool:

Keep to the thread. This is not about politics.;)

To the OP

Cheap holidays are still out there. Sometime it can be cheaper to do a DIY booking, booking flight and hotel as 2 seperate bookings. OK you would lose some of the safety net you get by buying a package deal, but thats why travel insurance becomes your friend.

You just have to be totally flexible on your destination and dates you want to go.

Cheers all for the info.

I was originally looking for nice Greek island. I liked Thasos, and where ever it was I went last Year? I really should know! So looking for stuff like that. I have heard good things about Samos, and Skiathos? and Santorini, and bits of Rhodes but while looking I thought I would just see what completely random stuff came up if I could leave in a few days. The answer was not a great deal!

They are still about, last week I found one for Rhodes for 2 people named accom s/c transfers,15kg luggage and flights £204 pp on two sharing going on 4th or 11th July. Look on Thomas Cook and Olympic holidays.

I have seen a few similar and am more than happy with something like that, I was just hoping to see something more exotic for a good price! Probably need to do a bit more planning though, I don't want to end up in some giant bloody creche on the outskirts of nowhere!

:)

It wasn't it was Haraki nice place not very big but plenty of tavernas and bars not too far from Lindos.

I wasn't implying your place was crap, more thinking out loud! I want somewhere with a bit of character. We were lucky with Thasos town, it had a lovely quayside area with boats and stuff, and having rented a car and driven round the island it seemed a lot of the places where just big hotels built next to a beach and not much else.

Archived