Where do you purchase widget X?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you purchase widget X?

• Local business
    • HMP Doncatraz
    • Make your own
    • Steal it
    • Don't know

Widget X is vital. You must buy one per week.

You can buy widget X from a family run firm, a grassroots business that employs local people and donates to local charity. Cost = £1.

You can buy widget X from a newly formed private prision, 'HMP Doncatraz'. Cost = 10p.

I have no clue what this thread is about!!!!

I'm presuming it's an hypothetical product.

Would you buy something that is made locally yet costs more, or would you buy it from non-market labour such as prisoners, yet costs less? You don't have the option of not buying it.

I'm presuming it's an hypothetical product.

Would you buy something that is made locally yet costs more, or would you buy it from non-market labour such as prisoners, yet costs less? You don't have the option of not buying it.

Hmmmm....I always knew what a widget was, but the OP phrased it, well lets say....in a bit of an obtuse way.

Seems a pointless question anyway to me! I wonder how useful the conclusions might be! :huh:

Am I in a time warp or a parallel universe or something?

I have no clue what this thread is about!!!!

I'm with you Pete.

The thread will probably degenerate into politics or housing issues no doubt ;)

but if you needed 100's of widget x's to build affordable social housing, which would be wiser - buying it from the local supplier and only being able to build a few houses, or buying it from the prison and being able to build loads of them

Archived