Camping site in the lakes or the peaks

Hi

Does anyone know of a relative good quality/price camping site in peaks or lakes ..It cant be too expensive as we are on a budget

thanks

hi, coopers farm at edale is quite decent , plus side it has a shower block, shop on site and 2 decent pubs within 1/2 mile,

Lakes: http://fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/

Any reason you've not considered Wales?

Fisherground is in a fab place. We often go to boot.

It's my fav place in the lakes. Away from the busy over priced areas. Some of the best scenery and you are not far from the coast. Also you can go on the ratty a fab narrow guage railway that I used to go on as a kid.

Oh and at the bottom of hard Knott pass and 3 very good pubs near by.

Lakes: http://fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/

Any reason you've not considered Wales?

Camped there when I lived up that part of the world. The west side of the Lake District is so much better that the touristy east. Eskdale and Wasdale are so quiet too. Used to often go to the campsite behind the Screes pub in Wasdale too.

This was a long time ago, btw. Had great times though.

G

Camped there when I lived up that part of the world. The west side of the Lake District is so much better that the touristy east. Eskdale and Wasdale are so quiet too. Used to often go to the campsite behind the Screes pub in Wasdale too.

This was a long time ago, btw. Had great times though.

G

Isnt it just , definitively the best bit and away from most day trippers as its further round. I think Eskdale is such a beautiful Valley.

Also some lovely views of Scafell etc

We went up last winter and walked from Boot up to Wasdale head then walked right round the screes side of wastwater and over irton fell, we only just made the road at 4pm when it was getting dark!!

Archived