What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

Do they have a general rule that stops class 1 drugs being used for medical purposes?

No, other controlled drugs are used or else they'd seriously struggle to carry out surgery or treat people that were suffering from severe pain. For some reason they don't allow diamorphine to be licensed, it must be cultural.

If anything they are more relaxed over the use of controlled drugs in the USA with their doctors a lot more happy, because it's more of a business arrangement between the family doctor and the patient, to prescribe strong painkillers. Oxycodone is the latest flavour of the month across there.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

If anything they are more relaxed over the use of controlled drugs in the USA with their doctors a lot more happy, because it's more of a business arrangement between the family doctor and the patient, to prescribe strong painkillers. Oxycodone is the latest flavour of the month across there.

I think that depends what state you're in, apparently in some states 'OG Kush', or 'shatter' (high potency cannabis oil/wax) is the new flavour of the month & they're seeing benefits...

States that have legalized medical marijuana tend to experience an unexpected benefit -- fewer overdose deaths from narcotic painkillers, a new study suggests.

Access to medical marijuana is associated with 25 percent fewer prescription drug overdose deaths each year compared to states where medical pot is illegal, according to findings published Aug. 25 in JAMA Internal Medicine.

What's more, states that pass medical marijuana laws see their overdose death rates decrease dramatically in the years immediately afterward, researchers reported.

The study authors believe that people suffering from chronic pain tend to rely on medical marijuana when they have that option, which reduces the risk of addiction and overdose that accompanies use of narcotic medications.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20140825/fewer-painkiller-deaths-in-states-with-medical-marijuana-study

Watched a YouTube video recently about this , thanks to a Forum link . I'm not a user myself , always been put off by the illegality aspect , but this video opened my eyes somewhat !

Cannabis , in some form or another , used to be widely used for self medication and was a staple part of the doctor's bag of medicines .

It was used for labour pains , asthma , rheumatism , and was also given to "cranky babies". Apparently Queen Victoria used it for period pains .....

Having watched most of this video , have become concerned about the use of the law to make this herb very illegal .

In 1937 , a US Federal Law was passed making cannabinoids illegal , but THIS WAS OPPOSED BY THE US MEDICAL ASSOCIATION of the day .....

This was around the same time that the new , profit-driven , assembly-line "Big Pharma" companies were getting started .... Hmmmmm

Doctors in 2012 still don't have a "golden bullet" to relieve pain , Sativex is a cannabinoid released onto the market around 2005 - it seems to me that the powers that be want to stop people growing their own on a tiny scale but are happy for "big Pharma" to start selling it !!!

To be honest if it did cure cancer it still wouldnt change my opinion. It should be legalised and taxed like tobacco. Takes the power away from the drug barrons and the exchequer gets more money.

• 3 weeks later...

Chico Ryder is still doing great, https://www.facebook.com/ChicosKickinCancer

Shame cancer patients in the UK can't get their medicine legally.

A 3 year old girl was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma last December, she was moved to Denver, Colorado to begin cannabis treatment, a month later she was in remission... http://wqad.com/2015/05/11/blue-grass-iowa-mom-says-medical-marijuana-may-have-saved-her-babys-life/

What would you do if your child got cancer?

Edited by anywebsite

• 2 weeks later...