What if Cannabis Cured Cancer ?

No, some of the research is into artificial canabinoids, some is not.

My post represents the real state of research into compounds derived from cannabis, rather than anecdotal reports that are of little value.

If you want to believe in a conspiracy theory, then I'm done talking to you, I can't spend all my time arguing with nuts on the internet.

I have communicated with Cancer Research direct and I am right. Feel free to make contact yourself. I found posting on the Facebook page achieves a prompt reply!

They are looking into synthetic cannabinoids, which is basically man made clones of the really cannabinoids from cannabis. They will not use the real thing as it has no monatary value, as anyone can grow and produce medicine themselves using real cannabis. Your posts appear to lack a wider picture of the issue.

Cancer Research only commissions research when companies approach them with ideas.. They are a con! Why on earth would a pharmaceutical company want to commission any research into the use of real cannabis, they can not make anything from it!

The only UK manufacturered cannabinoid medicine is currently Sativex, and there are three or four others on the market, Dronabinol being one (from memory).

They are all made from plant extracts.

So "They" are not only looking at cannabis flowers, they are actively using them to produce medicines that are actually on sale, now.

It's relatively straightforward to conduct a trial of an existing, approved, medicine in an off-label function. It's on the cards.

The only UK manufacturered cannabinoid medicine is currently Sativex, and there are three or four others on the market, Dronabinol being one (from memory).

So "They" are not only looking at cannabis flowers, they are actively using them to produce medicines that are actually on sale, now.

It's relatively straightforward to conduct a trial of an existing, approved, medicine in an off-label function. It's on the cards.

Isn't there differences with various medications. Some use THC, like Phoenix Tears, while others use CBT from the plant? Wouldn't the former still be illegal because in the oil form for example it can still be smoked to gain a high? I'm just asking because I'm unsure of the legalities. As far as I know Hemp Oil is widely available but has no narcotic use..

I am not saying they have not used cannabis in other treatments, such as Sativex for epilepsy and Nabilone, which is a man made treating severe sickness from chemotherapy....... However, for treatment of cancer the pharmasutic companies want to develop synthetic, man made clones and that is why they Re using in the two studies discussed by cancer research!

However, for treatment of cancer the pharmaceutics companies want to develop synthetic, man made clones and that is why they Re using in the two studies discussed by cancer research!

One of the studies is looking at a synthetic cannabinoid. The other is evaluating Sativex (a standardised whole plant extract) as an adjunct to chemo, following surgery for a common form of brain cancer, due to begin next year.

One of the studies is looking at a synthetic cannabinoid. The other is evaluating Sativex (a standardised whole plant extract) as an adjunct to chemo, following surgery for a common form of brain cancer, due to begin next year.

Please could you provide me with your source?

And for those that look a little bit deeper, there is international (America and Australia) research looking into cannabis oil use in treatment of cancer..

Please could you provide me with your source?

And for those that look a little bit deeper, there is international (America and Australia) research looking into cannabis oil use in treatment of cancer..

the problem with natural cannabis oil is that it can have a variable amount of active chemicals in it which makes it unsuitable for medical use. that doesn't seem to stop the snake oil sales men though.

the problem with natural cannabis oil is that it can have a variable amount of active chemicals in it which makes it unsuitable for medical use. that doesn't seem to stop the snake oil sales men though.

GW Pharmaceuticals has managed to do it. They've taken an indica heavy hybrid strain and through a combination of basic plant genetics, developed a stable phenotype with reliable yields.

It's not exactly computational fluid dynamics.

What the most interesting research is focusing on is so-called 'entourage effects' where congeners appear to mediate and modify the various effects of the principle active ingredients.

Some of these congeners may be powerful anti-cancer agents in their own right, but they have been demonstrated to have more powerful action in combination in other areas.

Right now there's a new cannabinoid being discovered every few months as research labs all over the world are re-awakening to the plant and taking a closer look.

The last time there was any serious quantity of cannabis research in the scientific pipeline that didn't deal explicitly with trying to prove how dangerous it was, people were still using brass optical microscopes.