Miss/Mademoiselle/Ms..

I use Ms because Miss says 'I am not married' and Mrs says 'I am married' and I don't think either of those things is worth an identity-shaping title.

As a male I don't have to consider any of those options as there aren't any. 'Mr' identifies me as male, that's it.

I use Ms because Miss says 'I am not married' and Mrs says 'I am married' and I don't think either of those things is worth an identity-shaping title.

if forced into it, id do the same, but its rare these days that you need to do the mr mrs thing, at work, its first names with everyone

And Ms identifies me as female, that's it.

Yes, but you chose Ms in order not to be identified as (Mrs) Married or (Miss) available?.. Ms can only have substance if the other titles didn't exist, if you see my logic.

if forced into it, id do the same, but its rare these days that you need to do the mr mrs thing, at work, its first names with everyone

My email signature and web profile at work don't have any title at all, but lots of people do feel the need to use them. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Yes, but you chose Ms in order not to be identified as (Mrs) Married or (Miss) available?.. Ms can only have substance if the other titles didn't exist, if you see my logic.

Yes, I do, and that's why it was created - to counterbalance the fact that men didn't have to advertise their marital status with their title and women did.

And aren't we lucky to live in a world where that option is now available to women?

Yes, I do, and that's why it was created - to counterbalance the fact that men didn't have to advertise their marital status with their title and women did.

And aren't we lucky to live in a world where that option is now available to women?

Presently options/choices are always good, hopefully in the future through enlightenment those options won't be necessary.

My email signature and web profile at work don't have any title at all, but lots of people do feel the need to use them. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

actually, a few people call me mr at work, and there really isnt any need.

also get called esquire :lol:

Archived