What will we do when the Government run out of things to 'cut'?

I was referring to your "Maybe this will help them understand" comment.

What's that got to do with this.

Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954 View Post

A bit of arrogance there mi owd. Tories understand everything, everyone else is wrong. Marvellous!

You've lost me.:confused:

It seems you don't learn, or at least read the replies posted in response to your rants.

See post 7 for a start and you'll see Labour waste. They may not be to blame for the global crisis, but they are to blame for reckless spending.

But you might not see this from your armchair position - so take it from someone who saw it first hand.

The present Olympics will ultimately cost this country £24 BILLION !!!!!!!!

If that's not reckless, I don't know what is.

And how does anything cost £24 billion anyway?

The opening cermony cost £27m ............. and 99.9% of the people actually involved were volunteers.

Some Corporation somewhere's made a few bob somewhere along the line haven't they?

The world's gone barmy. :loopy:

Who were you referring to when you said "help them understand?

Looking back it would apear to be you because you wrote this. :)

How the hell are you blaming Labour for a GLOBAL CRISIS caused by Banks, Billionaires Trillionaires, Greedy incompetent Investors, and Governments who are in the pockets of the aforementioned culprits?

:

Who signed us up to the Olympics originally? Should the tories have cancelled them..? Genuine question..

And how does anything cost £24 billion anyway?

The opening cermony cost £27m ............. and 99.9% of the people actually involved were volunteers.

Some Corporation somewhere's made a few bob somewhere along the line haven't they?

The world's gone barmy. :loopy:

The performers were volenteers but I'll wager the crew running the show were not. Sound, lighting, pyrotechnics, the animation, bloody great chimneys and voldamort, logistics and trained techs to run it all - have you any idea of the cost of all that ? No wonder they could only afford to pay McCartney a quid.

Who signed us up to the Olympics originally? Should the tories have cancelled them..? Genuine question..

Obviously, Politicians signed us up for them.

If you've read my earlier posts, you'll see I blame Politicians for a lot.

That's all Politicians.

Again, why do lots of Tories assume I'm just Tory Government bashing?

I don't see Labour or Lib Dem people :loopy: my every post.

Strange people Tory people.

No, the Tories didn't and couldn't cancel them. The LABOUR Government should never have bid for them in the first place. Great spectacle, exciting n all that, but a lot of money down the pan.

I see the Politicians are all there in the best seats, lording it up, so please don't anyone try to tell me that the ConDems aren't taking full advantage.

They'll be very quick to blame 'the last Government' though, when the final bill comes in, and people are questioning the cost of it all.

The performers were volenteers but I'll wager the crew running the show were not. Sound, lighting, pyrotechnics, the animation, bloody great chimneys and voldamort, logistics and trained techs to run it all - have you any idea of the cost of all that ? No wonder they could only afford to pay McCartney a quid.

Yes.

A reported £27 million

Like I said, a few companies (probably friends of the Politicians) will have made an

absolute fortune, thanks very much. It's probably the very same companies who 'asked for volunteers'. Stitched up a treat.

I put that £27m figure in my earlier post, did you miss it?

In case you did, the final cost is reported to be £24billion.

I don't think there was £24billion in the whole world 30 years ago, and now that's the amount it will ultimately 'cost us' for a 15 day spectacle.

So you think I'm nuts, and all the rest of the world are sensible?

24 thousand million pounds, and hospital wards closing. ?????

Some one has reportedly supplied vehicles for 20,000 delegates to be ferried around the South east and elsewhere. That's a hell of a lot of vehicles.

Not Ford Focus, or owt like that though. Mercedes, BMW's, Jags etc.

Some Taxi companies, Limo companies, Minibus companies and Chauffeur companies have been doing their nut. A chance to make a few bob, and the Olympic people pull a stroke like this.

Who decided to supply FREE cars, and FREE trips for the privileged?

And for people who say 'nothing is free', then tell me how the delegates pay for this service? Ah ah, they don't, we do.

Wear the proper suit, get stuff for nowt. No doubt most of them will have shaken a Politicians hand in the not too distant past.

And their closing Fire Stations.

Archived