What will we do when the Government run out of things to 'cut'?

I don't remember the country being some kind of utopia before 1979, in fact I remember it being pretty crap.:suspect:

Winter of discontent. :gag:

This country up to Heath, Thatcher and Blair, was a good country for working people to live in.

Since then the greed mob have taken over inc our own Sheffield politicians, whos only interest is how well they can do out of their time in Parliament.

Our entry into the Common Market [?] was the start of this Im all right Jack attitude that embraces the more well of in our society today.

As I posted in another thread the median income in the UK in real terms went from about £13k in the late 1970's to about £23k in 2008. That's rather significant increase over that time period isn't it..?

You could buy a house in the late seventy,s for a couple of thousand pounds. those same houses at say Walkley or Sharrow are over One hundred thousand pounds and out of reach for the young people of today who have been excluded now from property ownership due to the greed of speculaters from Thatchers Britain.

As I posted in another thread the median income in the UK in real terms went from about £13k in the late 1970's to about £23k in 2008. That's rather significant increase over that time period isn't it..?

Yep. The number of millionaires and billionaires has gone through the roof anall. The rich are far richer these days, and the gap between Thatcher children and the rest is enormous.

Just as she planned it.

This country up to Heath, Thatcher and Blair, was a good country for working people to live in.

What happened between Heath and Thatcher?

What happened to prices?

What happened to jobs?

Was the country really a good place to live in?

Who was it who re-negotiated the UK's entry into the common market?

Who was it who ran down the economy so far that the government had to go cap-in-hand to the IMF?

You could buy a house in the late seventy,s for a couple of thousand pounds. those same houses at say Walkley or Sharrow are over One hundred thousand pounds and out of reach for the young people of today who have been excluded now from property ownership due to the greed of speculaters from Thatchers Britain.

Actually you'll find the house prices rose the most under Labour.

My old terraced house was valued at £14,000 in 1999. At the peak around 2007 it rose to £60,000.

Yep. The number of millionaires and billionaires has gone through the roof anall. The rich are far richer these days, and the gap between Thatcher children and the rest is enormous.

Just as she planned it.

And Labour did nothing to narrow it..

And Labour did nothing to narrow it..

Correct.

Once again, I'm not banging a drum for 'Labour' here

I've already said it about ten times on this thread, but it looks like I've got to repeat it again 'til it sinks in.

SUCCESSIVE Governments (of all persuasions) have carried on largely with Thatcher's damaging policies of greed and selfishness.

The real Labour part have not been in Government since 1978.

Blair's 'New Labour' are just watered down Tories.

So to all intents and purposes, we have had a 'Tory' Government running our country since 1979.

The real Labour party hasn't had a look in, and probably never will again.

Why did Blair invent 'New Labour'?

The old Labour were far better, and far more electable than this present shower of

'Labour Politicians'.

See? I've just called them a shower.

The gap will never be narrowed again, because far too many 'yuppies' think that greed is good. Eveybody now wants more and more, for doing less and less.

It can't work, and it won't work, hence the latest 'Global Crisis'

Funny how the Eurozone is on it's knees, and the vast majority of the rest of the world appears to be tickety boo? Yet Euro leaders (Cameron especially) insist it's a 'Global Crisis'

This present shower insists that it's our last Government that caused this 'Global Crisis' They want to make their minds up who they are going to blame. At the moment, it's anyone, and anything, except themselves.

And still people believe their bullstein.

The Euro leaders will tell us owt to cover up their incompetence.

Germany and a reluctant France are leading us all up the garden path, and Cameron's sweeping up behind them like a lap dog.

Archived