What will we do when the Government run out of things to 'cut'?

Now we lose millions and millions a year due to unemployment in those industries.

I'm just wondering where you would have piled all the steel and coal that nobody can sell if these industies still employed hundreds of thousands of people?

If you really think a state organisation can run ANYTHING well, you're seriously deluded. The Post Office is a case in point - TNT beat them hands down for service speed and reliability.

TNT are not obliged to deliver to everyone, unlike Royal Mail. So they cherry pick the profitable stuff and when Royal Mail dies good luck sending mail to remote places for less than a small fortune (if they will do it at all).

I'm just wondering where you would have piled all the steel and coal that nobody can sell if these industies still employed hundreds of thousands of people?

It doesnt matter surely - if you produce lots and lots of steel then the woundrous bounty of nature will flow forth and everyone will be rolling in puppies etc.

After all the Chinese though so in the Great Leap Forward and it worked out for them just fine didn't it....

TNT are not obliged to deliver to everyone, unlike Royal Mail. So they cherry pick the profitable stuff and when Royal Mail dies good luck sending mail to remote places for less than a small fortune (if they will do it at all).

Well said. People will miss the Royal Mail when its gone thanks to all the parasitic couriers like TNT.

What do you mean can't sell? I am fairly sure we make more Steel now than we ever did - we just don't need armies of people, because its all automated...

Out of interest...how much of that £197/hour do you think the dentist actually gets in his pocket?

After he's finished paying for staff, premises, all required insurances, supplies, equipment, utilities, rates, etc, that is?

There's usually about 5 or 6 Dentists paying the overheads, so in answer to your question, how much does the Dentist get? The answer is LOADS.

I've never seen one driving a Reliant Robin.

It was a rethorical question, but nvm...;)

Which makes for £88,5k p.a. gross (assuming your £46 estimate is before tax).

Rather than the £379k p.a. Hotmale54 was suggesting.

I wasn't suggesting anything.

14 minutes in a chair cost me £40+, that's all.

Some Hollywood Hairdressers charge 10 times that.

Dunt make it right, or the World sane.

Anyway, this thread is going way off tack.

WHEN we get down to our last Fire Station, or Police Station, or Hospital, and we only have one Ambulance to cover the whole of South Yorkshire, and your nearest GP is 20 miles away, and they charge you £40+ to sit in their Surgery for 15 minutes, and the one bus a day costs you £30 return, and you have to take your kids because all the Nurseries are shut, and you haven't got the £80 to do it ............................. THEN WHAT WILL YOU DO?

Archived