What will we do when the Government run out of things to 'cut'?

I think they'll have to begin culling, it will be the only solution left to them. Sheffield gets my vote as a start point.

I'm right behind you when that happens, 537,844. behind you.

They were brilliant when we had proper FREE dentists.

Still not bad, just worth a lot more.

I'll have Poachers after 'em next. :hihi:

Out of interest in this thread what do you do for a living and what are the charges for your services??

Out of interest...how much of that £197/hour do you think the dentist actually gets in his pocket?

After he's finished paying for staff, premises, all required insurances, supplies, equipment, utilities, rates, etc, that is?

Seemed to work ok when Dentists were free.

How come the UK could afford it then, and better GP's, and better Hospitals, but we can't now?

The NHS has always been expensive, but we've always afforded it.

Thatcher decided we couldn't anymore.

In America, they will walk past a dying child on the pavement if the parents don't have 'cover'.

Do we really want to see that here?

Obviously, you 'money before people and services' crowd find that perfectly acceptable.

Money is not my God.

Out of interest in this thread what do you do for a living and what are the charges for your services??

Cuts have made my job almost untenable.

My income is irrelevant. Suffice to say it's quite low.

The thread is not about incomes, it's about cuts and the impact it's having, and will have in the future.

Do you think Sheffield will end up with only one Fire Station?

One Hospital?

One Police Station?

Are you bothered?

There's usually about 5 or 6 Dentists paying the overheads, so in answer to your question, how much does the Dentist get? The answer is LOADS.
You mean: less than you.

A terrible sin, envy is. Next life around, pay more attention at school, and have a bit more drive/ambition.

You never know, you may even manage to qualify as a dentist!

I've never seen one driving a Reliant Robin.
I have seen plenty of dentists and other medical professionals drive in bog-standard, no-badge cars. My dentist drives a 5 or 6 year-old Scenic.

I wasn't suggesting anything.

14 minutes in a chair cost me £40+, that's all.

Some Hollywood Hairdressers charge 10 times that.

Dunt make it right, or the World sane.

ORLY?

Well a trained tradesman's look at my bust washing machine today is costing me £25. Should he do it for free instead as well?

A lot of 'free' as you stated,

They were brilliant when we had proper FREE dentists.
is not gonna buy a whole lot of diesel for the tradesman's van, a lot of premium for the various professional insurances required, never mind pay for a whole lot of tax on income and profits with which to pay for these 'free' services (you do know how much you average NHS consultant ('free' to you) is on, right?)

Cuts have made my job almost untenable.

My income is irrelevant. Suffice to say it's quite low.

The thread is not about incomes, it's about cuts and the impact it's having, and will have in the future.

Do you think Sheffield will end up with only one Fire Station?

One Hospital?

One Police Station?

Are you bothered?

No,

No,

No,

Yes.

You mean: less than you.

A terrible sin, envy is. Next life around, pay more attention at school, and have a bit more drive/ambition.

Not envious or jealous. The thread is not about incomes. It's about cuts, and the effect it's had, is having, and will have in the future.

You never know, you may even manage to qualify as a dentist! No thanks, messing around in someone's gob? I don't think so.

I have seen plenty of dentists and other medical professionals drive in bog-standard, no-badge cars. My dentist drives a 5 or 6 year-old Scenic.

ORLY? Stephen Fry drives an old London Taxi, but he owns half of Sri Lanka or somewhere similar.

Well a trained tradesman's look at my bust washing machine today is costing me £25. Should he do it for free instead as well? What do we pay 'National Insurance' for? It used to pay for Doctors (still does) and 'other medical services'. Which reminds me, why were Dentists singled out from the medical professions to be allowed to charge individually? Why not Doctors as well?

I don't think plumbers come under the NHS banner. What a stupid question.

A lot of 'free' as you stated,

is not gonna buy a whole lot of diesel for the tradesman's van, a lot of premium for the various professional insurances required, never mind pay for a whole lot of tax on income and profits with which to pay for these 'free' services (you do know how much you average NHS consultant ('free' to you) is on, right?)

Governments don't cut Tradesmens services! :o

I think you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick mi owd.

The NHS has always been expensive, but we've always afforded it.

Thatcher decided we couldn't anymore.

In America, they will walk past a dying child on the pavement if the parents don't have 'cover'.

Can you provide any evidence to support that allegation?

Archived