What will we do when the Government run out of things to 'cut'?

I think you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick mi owd.
I see the point went right over your head. As expected, tbh.

Everything has a cost: the Gvt-provided stuff ('free' to you) and the private stuff ('free'-this-that-the other...it's never free, there's always a catch or, well, a way to eventually recoup the cost of the 'free' stuff).

If you want free NHS and free dentists, the private sector (and public sector to a much lesser extent) has to make enough money, on which to pay enough tax, to pay for it. Or what do you propose the doctors, dentists, nurses, etc. to live on/with? How do you propose to buy the equipment, medicines, supplies? Maintain the premises? Pay the insurances and settlements for when malpractice happens?

In short - where do you suppose the Gvt finds money to pay for this 'free' stuff of yours? On the magic money tree?

Less tax receipts = less money to pay for the 'free' stuff. So, keep everything and eventually go bust and have none. Or trim as best as circumstances and requirements allow, and keep some.

Now, take a long hard look at tax receipts since 2008. And how many more mouths to feed and house at the taxpayer's expense as a result of job losses in both private and public sector since that time.

So, what's your solution? I mean, other than moaning on here about having to make do with trimmed services?

Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath ;)

I see the point went right over your head. As expected, tbh.

Everything has a cost: the Gvt-provided stuff ('free' to you) and the private stuff ('free'-this-that-the other...it's never free, there's always a catch or, well, a way to eventually recoup the cost of the 'free' stuff).

If you want free NHS and free dentists, the private sector (and public sector to a much lesser extent) has to make enough money, on which to pay enough tax, to pay for it. Or what do you propose the doctors, dentists, nurses, etc. to live on/with? How do you propose to buy the equipment, medicines, supplies? Maintain the premises? Pay the insurances and settlements for when malpractice happens?

In short - where do you suppose the Gvt finds money to pay for this 'free' stuff of yours? On the magic money tree?

Less tax receipts = less money to pay for the 'free' stuff.

Now, take a long hard look at tax receipts since 2008. And how many more mouths to feed and house as a result of job losses in both private and public sector since that time.

So, what's your solution? Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath ;)

I agree, the best term to use to avoid confusion is, free at the point of use, everything has to be paid for somehow or other.

They were brilliant when we had proper FREE dentists.

Still not bad, just worth a lot more.

I'll have Poachers after 'em next. :hihi:

Interestingly free NHS dentistry only lasted for 4 years as a charge was introduced in 1952.

How old are his teeth then?:hihi::hihi:.......

The top1% massive incomes and 'rip off the public' opportunities.

Hospitals about to go bust?

Hows that work then?

Yet another bank fiddling it's already monumental figures to mislead us, and the world.

And somebody voted this lot in!!!

What has it got to do with 'This lot' ?

Who is it you think could create money from nowhere so we can all act like spoilt brats and have life perfect.

I really hope you dont think Labour would be paving the roads with gold,after all,it was them that created this mess,but of course some will believe they would do it differently and we would all be living much better off.Yeh right!Till after they get back in,none of the leading parties would be any different although it is easy to spout any crap before an election afterwards your stuck with it,and i for one dont want another single day under Labours controlling,rip off self feeding ruling.

Tories blamed 'the last Government' Labour blamed the Government before them, who blamed the Government before them................. repeat 80 times.

The Government always has to mend the mess what the previous Government left.

The next Labour Government will have to right the mess that this lot will leave behind.

And still people vote for them. :hihi:

They're all avvin a larf. :hihi:

Tories blamed 'the last Government' Labour blamed the Government before them, who blamed the Government before them................. repeat 80 times.

The Government always has to mend the mess what the previous Government left.

The next Labour Government will have to right the mess that this lot will leave behind.

And still people vote for them. :hihi:

They're all avvin a larf. :hihi:

I suppose it's better than not winning an election and deciding to seize power and then punish people like this current set of idiots did/are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose it's better than not winning an election and deciding to seize power and then punish people like this current set of idiots did/are doing.

Yep. Unelected Prime Minister giving it large.

He dunt represent me that's for sure. Neither does his muppet deputy.

Please, please, please only let Macaroon have the one term. We should kick him out now, but Brits haven't got the guts to get shut.

The Greeks and French would have had the ConDems out months ago.

The longer they are in, the deeper we will sink.

What has it got to do with 'This lot' ?

Who is it you think could create money from nowhere so we can all act like spoilt brats and have life perfect.

I really hope you dont think Labour would be paving the roads with gold,after all,it was them that created this mess,but of course some will believe they would do it differently and we would all be living much better off.Yeh right!Till after they get back in,none of the leading parties would be any different although it is easy to spout any crap before an election afterwards your stuck with it,and i for one dont want another single day under Labours controlling,rip off self feeding ruling.

The Banks and investors and the IMF are all Labour are they then?

Well, well well. We live and learn.

Were things really better in the 1970's? :huh:

Having lived through the 1970's with the 3 day week, daily power cuts, rubbish and vermin building up in the streets and the entire country being held to ransom by the Trade Unions, I have a different memory of it.

Another bash about S5 :hihi:

It wont be long before you see that again with the fortnightly bin collections.

Archived