The Brew House-What's happening?

It is a separate venue but owned by the same person.

I passed this Monday night (17th) and it looked ready to open but wasn't actually open. Maybe just one of those Sheffield bars that doesn't open on a Monday?

Just hope they do better beer than they have had in Henry's recently. Far too much cheap local cr*p on for my liking. Hard to believe I had my first taste of Titanic and RedWillow in Henrys. Seems a long time ago now...

I passed this Monday night (17th) and it looked ready to open but wasn't actually open. Maybe just one of those Sheffield bars that doesn't open on a Monday?

Just hope they do better beer than they have had in Henry's recently. Far too much cheap local cr*p on for my liking. Hard to believe I had my first taste of Titanic and RedWillow in Henrys. Seems a long time ago now...

let's just say for the price they want to pay for a firkin you ain't gonna see owt too exciting...

let's just say for the price they want to pay for a firkin you ain't gonna see owt too exciting...

I suspected as much. It's a damn shame. They have a range between the two bars to really compete now. With the Dev Cat in one direction and Museum in another it could have been a really good run for ale. But I have a feeling I'll be sticking to Dev Green...

Tried this place on Friday. It's a great addition I think. I tried one of the house bitters and it was very nice. Cue the camra bores to say why it's no good.

Generally the CAMRA bores will only tell you something is good or not based upon the condition of the beer. And give bonus points for whether it was served in lined, oversize glasses. I, on the other hand, will tell you it's not very good simply cos it tastes cr*p.

There's a big difference between serving a good beer and serving a bad beer well which seems to escape many. This is why the likes of Brewdog will no longer do cask. It relies too much on the quality of the cellarman, rather than the quality of the beer.

Generally the CAMRA bores will only tell you something is good or not based upon the condition of the beer. And give bonus points for whether it was served in lined, oversize glasses. I, on the other hand, will tell you it's not very good simply cos it tastes cr*p. .

this I agree with. all about the condition rather than the actual quality of the brew, when both are important. And the true bores of course will mark the beer down for not tasting of toffee and twigs...

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 13:14 ----------

There's a big difference between serving a good beer and serving a bad beer well which seems to escape many.

agree 100% - too many people don't know the difference, even stalwart camra members. blaming a brewery when the beer tastes of vinegar, or blaming the pub when the beer tastes of butterscotch or phenol (TCP) - both equally ignorant and equally common

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 13:16 ----------

This is why the likes of Brewdog will no longer do cask. It relies too much on the quality of the cellarman, rather than the quality of the beer.

this I agree with far less. BD feel (rightly or wrongly) that keg suits their beers better - I think in some cases this is right and in some cases wrong, it depends on the beer. I honestly don't think it's to do with taking out the cellarman factor, as they make such a big deal out of how all their staff are more qualified and accredited than your average doctor...

And I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact they can charge more for keg ;)

Edited by SteelCityAle