The Brew House-What's happening?

Jesus this place is a disaster.

The aforementioned house brews are undecipherable, but the big problem is the key keg. The entire point of keg is that it allows you to get interesting stuff from further afield.

What do they have here? The most dull and uninspired beer from all of the most dull and uninspiring 'craft' brewers. Either they haven't a clue or are trying it on.

No wonder its always dead.

I'd be surprised if it lasts another 12 months unless it bucks its ideas up.

The owner needs to pop to the Rutland or Broadfield or even the Brewdog to see how this beer selection malarkey is done.

Just head next door to Henry's. It's not perfect but it's still much better and it's not trying too hard to appear to be "craft".

The problem is that the 'craft' doesn't rotate and it's very expensive. It's a real shame as this place had the potential to be the 'new' Sheffield Tap, but has ended up being not even as good. You might as well carry on down the hill to the Rutland. At least they have the beer to match the cost. Siren takeover weekend was bloody phenomenal.

It's very expensive, it doesn't rotate and it's a boring selection. Basically they've got it all wrong!

I think it had/still has the potential to be a really good craft beer bar. But they need someone running it who has a clue/enthusiasm about craft beer. As it stands it just looks like they've tried to jump on the bandwagon after spotting that they can charge an arm and a leg, without any understanding at all about why they can charge that amount.

People will pay 3-4 quid for half a an unusual IPA/smoked porter/whatever the heck most Wild Beers are/etc. Only a mug would pay that (and more!) for any of the run of the mill stuff they've got on their kegs!

It's very expensive, it doesn't rotate and it's a boring selection. Basically they've got it all wrong!

I think it had/still has the potential to be a really good craft beer bar. But they need someone running it who has a clue/enthusiasm about craft beer. As it stands it just looks like they've tried to jump on the bandwagon after spotting that they can charge an arm and a leg, without any understanding at all about why they can charge that amount.

People will pay 3-4 quid for half a an unusual IPA/smoked porter/whatever the heck most Wild Beers are/etc. Only a mug would pay that (and more!) for any of the run of the mill stuff they've got on their kegs!

Yeah. What he said. :thumbsup:

I still think there is a market in Sheffield for a bar that does uncompromisingly good beer regardless of cost other than Brewdog and more recently the Rutland. I'm ignoring the Tap as, well, it was once good but no longer. Places like Craft Beer Co in London, Port Street in Manchester, North Bar in Leeds and even places in Newcastle including Bacchus, Bierrex, DaTbAr and PTMY all prove they can sell it. So why not Sheffield? Are we really that resistant to change?

The problem is that the 'craft' doesn't rotate and it's very expensive. It's a real shame as this place had the potential to be the 'new' Sheffield Tap, but has ended up being not even as good. You might as well carry on down the hill to the Rutland. At least they have the beer to match the cost. Siren takeover weekend was bloody phenomenal.

Pity I missed that, they're my favourite brewery at the moment.

Pity I missed that, they're my favourite brewery at the moment.

It was supposed to be a 'beer and pudding pairing' - 5 of each for £25, though you could buy them individually for a fiver on the night. But we just went for the beer. They had around ten on. I say 'around' as it depends when you went. They lost almost a whole key keg of 'Tickle Monster' when it exploded. Cue lots of people quite happy to go help clean up... with straws!

it's very expensive I was shocked how much I had to pay in there for real ales comparable with cheaper ales in quality, it's like any fad that eventually gets up it's own arse and alienates the people who put it there to start with ?!
It's not a fad! In the US drinking decent beer is now the norm, as it has been in Belgium since, well forever.

The problem with the Brew house is that they think they can get away with selling low quality 'craft' beer at top prices, and it ain't working! Any business needs to know at least as much as its consumers but the Brew House hasn't got a clue. And that's why its always empty, not because the fad is over!