Barclays fined £300 million by the regulators

No doubt they'll find one or two sacrificial lambs à la Nick Leeson to parade, then hush the whole thing off the headlines, in record time ;)

There needs to be a financial Gitmo :twisted:

How true!

What's a Gitmo? An acronym for something?

What's a Gitmo? An acronym for something?
Gitmo = slang for Guantanamo Bay's "special detention centre"

Put it next door to the legal profession Gitmo and we can throw paper aeroplanes at each other. :help:
I am, and embody, the very epitome of professional integrity, me :D

Gitmo = slang for Guantanamo Bay's "special detention centre"

I am, and embody, the very epitome of professional integrity, me :D

... and you think Gitmo will be concerned about that?

You'll look nice in orange.

:hihi:

Of course it doesn't. Sounds like fraud to me as well. Somebody needs a bit of jail time.

Nope, jails too good for the likes of Bob Diamond.

Take all his money off him, isolate him from his influential friends, and make him live on benefits somewhere grotty.

No specifically on this site but one or two others. I find it incredible that the right wing nut jobs want to hang someone for stealing food to feed themselves and then turn around and say Barclays should be let off because they create jobs.

Can't disagree with these two noble lords:

Former City minister Lord Myners

"This is the most corrosive failure of moral behaviour I have seen in a major UK financial institution in my career. I think fines and public criticism will not stop these behaviours. These behaviours will not stop until the people perpetrating it or responsible for overseeing them face the prospect of criminal charges and the prospect of going to jail."

Former Lib Dem Treasury spokesman Lord Oakeshott:

"If Bob Diamond had a scintilla of shame he would resign. If Barclays' board had an inch of backbone between them they would sack him."

Quoted in Guardian today

Spot on both of them.

No specifically on this site but one or two others. I find it incredible that the right wing nut jobs want to hang someone for stealing food to feed themselves and then turn around and say Barclays should be let off because they create jobs.
You're trawling a bit low there, Mecky...approaching trolling depths :D

Archived