Can I use my birth certificate and student card for id

Not really, people have a hard time using the PASS I'd thing, even though it's an official government scheme.

In fact one of my mates got turned away because his passport was a couple months out of date, bouncers are really strict now days.

If you don't care about getting turned away, and you're not embarrassed by that sort of thing, give it a go, you might just get away with it.

I wouldn't want to ruin the night for the rest of the group by being a liability though.

whilst i understand your frustration and dilema, as a license holder unfortunately, the only forms of ID are, Passport, Driving License or ID Pass Card.. Although you can prove until you are blue in the face who you are, and how old you are with your forms of ID, by law it is not an acceptable form of ID. My son also did go through the same thing last year. It is just the way the world is playing at the moment.

whilst i understand your frustration and dilema, as a license holder unfortunately, the only forms of ID are, Passport, Driving License or ID Pass Card.. Although you can prove until you are blue in the face who you are, and how old you are with your forms of ID, by law it is not an acceptable form of ID. My son also did go through the same thing last year. It is just the way the world is playing at the moment.

"by law"

Which law? - if the OP needs ID for opening a bank account, for example (they haven't said), there are alternatives.

If we're talking alcohol (the assumption)

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/drugs/alcohol/alcohol-licensing-conditions/

Gives the 3 you quote as examples, but allows alternatives that comply with certain criteria.

Of course, the age verification policy, is supposedly (though not in practice) to only be for "people who appear to be under the age of 18 to be asked".

A birth certificate in not a valid form of ID. Nor is a college ID card. Doesn't matter if you have both, it won't be accepted.

It might not be 'the law' but it is the policy of most companies/places. I work in a Sainsbury's Petrol Sation. We don't sell alcohol but we sell cigarrettes. If we ask for ID, we need to see a passport, drivers licence or PASS card. We cannot accept any other forms of ID.

But as somebody has already mentioned, your licence probably won't take that long to come back. Mine arrived back within 3 days of passing my test.

EDIT: Also, congratulations on passing your test :)

Archived