That it should come to this!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/primaryeducation/9359632/Teachers-tell-pupils-not-to-offer-seats-to-disabled-passengers-for-safety-reasons.html

That some teachers are enjoining such discourtesy and selfishness!

"fellow traveller in his late 70s was so appalled by the youngsters’ behaviour that he got off the train, saying he had fought in Egypt for the future of Britain’s children but now they would not offer him a seat. "

This is an absolute disgrace and unfortunately seems to be symptomatic of a general decline in standards that we all experience on a daily basis. The teaching staff should be ashamed of themselves but as ever, all we hear is excuses.

The problem though is that many parents so would attempt to sue the school if their child was hurt while they standing on the bus and not sitting.

Did the teachers do this to teach discourtesy, or from a fear of parents suing them after their little darling gets a scratch from falling over?

Its almost certainly the latter, and you can't blame them with all the compensation claims adverts that are broadcast during the break in the Jeremy Kyle show.

I've heard of this happening on buses in Sheffield. It seems unbelievable, I agree. I'd hope, and presume, the teachers themselves are setting an example by giving up their seats for needier people, but why on earth don't they pack the children two to a seat, it's not as though anyone has a seat belt to wear.

Giving children the idea that they're more important than anyone else and don't have to be mannerly and considerate to others will come back to bite parents/the teaching profession on the bum in one way or another.

I've heard of this happening on buses in Sheffield. It seems unbelievable, I agree. I'd hope, and presume, the teachers themselves are setting an example by giving up their seats for needier people, but why on earth don't they pack the children two to a seat, it's not as though anyone has a seat belt to wear.

Giving children the idea that they're more important than anyone else and don't have to be mannerly and considerate to others will come back to bite parents/the teaching profession on the bum in one way or another.

Anyone who didnt give up their seat on one of our school trips got a rollocking from the nearest teacher then lines when we got back in school. If however we were on our way to the trip the teacher would have made us hold her hand for the entire time apart from when eating or peeing.

Strict but fair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/primaryeducation/9359632/Teachers-tell-pupils-not-to-offer-seats-to-disabled-passengers-for-safety-reasons.html

That some teachers are enjoining such discourtesy and selfishness!

"fellow traveller in his late 70s was so appalled by the youngsters’ behaviour that he got off the train, saying he had fought in Egypt for the future of Britain’s children but now they would not offer him a seat. "

:o

I wonder what would have happened if the children got on the train and there weren’t enough seats for them all. Would a teacher take the children off the train and wait for the next one.

Archived