Food near Bramall Lane

Hello, I was just wondering if there is anywhere close to Bramall Lane where I can grab some food? Not fussed what type of food, just anything open around 12:00pm.

Thanks!:)

12pm is midnight. Is that what you mean? If so then your choice will be limited to foreign restaurants and take-aways on London Road.

If you meant 12am - ie. mid-day, then you'll have more luck I think.

"A Salt N Battered" is a good traditional chippy, opposite Ron Harrison's on London Road. And another vote from me for the Harland Cafe too!

12pm is midnight. Is that what you mean? If so then your choice will be limited to foreign restaurants and take-aways on London Road.

If you meant 12am - ie. mid-day, then you'll have more luck I think.

"A Salt N Battered" is a good traditional chippy, opposite Ron Harrison's on London Road. And another vote from me for the Harland Cafe too!

12pm is midday, 12am is midnight

12pm is midday, 12am is midnight

Err, no it's not. Close, but you're wrong, by about 12 hours. Here's an explanation for you...

Think of the hours leading immediately up to midday. i.e. 9, 10, 11 o'clock in the morning. What are they? AM or PM?

I hope we can agree that they are AM. It stands for ante-meridien - which means "before the middle (of the day)". i.e. before mid-day.

PM stands for post-meridien - which is "after the middle (of the day) i.e. after mid-day. So, 1200 mid-day cannot be PM because PM doesn't begin until 1201.

It's very confusing I know and in fact both mid-day and midnight should not be referred to either AM or PM because they are really neither!

Guest makapaka
Err, no it's not. Close, but you're wrong, by about 12 hours. Here's an explanation for you...

Think of the hours leading immediately up to midday. i.e. 9, 10, 11 o'clock in the morning. What are they? AM or PM?

I hope we can agree that they are AM. It stands for ante-meridien - which means "before the middle (of the day)". i.e. before mid-day.

PM stands for post-meridien - which is "after the middle (of the day) i.e. after mid-day. So, 1200 mid-day cannot be PM because PM doesn't begin until 1201.

It's very confusing I know and in fact both mid-day and midnight should not be referred to either AM or PM because they are really neither!

It wouldn't have to be 12.01 though would it?

It could be 1000000000000000000000000th of a second past 12 noon and it would be PM, the clock would still show 12.00.

So, unless he's an extremely keen time keeper he's unlikely to be that exact, so he'd be perfectly in his rights to say 12pm.

Archived