Is is illegal to read your spouse's emails

...or neither of you are keen on it but rather than raise suspicion you go along with it and in truth there's no trust at all.

What the hell are you talking about. We have been married for nearly 20 years and there is 100% trust in this house:rolleyes::rolleyes:

RIPA 2000... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_Investigatory_Powers_Act_2000#Prosecutions_under_the_RIPA

Could possibly argue it's covered under some other laws too, but somebody has been fined for intercepting emails under RIPA. Now & again a network admin may need to look at the occasional email, if there's some kind of technical problem with an account or server, I doubt that would be prosecuted, but if it's covert surveillance then it should be regulated under RIPA.

I am aware of the reach of RIPA, but I very much doubt that it would apply to a network administrator, or a spouse, for simply reading emails that aren't addressed to them.

BTW my relationship with my wife is exactly the same as denlin's. We read each others emails, text messages and first to the post opens it.

See, that could so easily have got nasty between us there, we should be applauded for how we conducted ourselves :hihi:

Thanks - I will be lurking now and I am seeking advice from the rest of the coven:hihi::hihi::love:

Archived