The Life of John Massey

Even serving 31 years for the original murder sounds a stretch compared to what some people get away with. Was he a naughty boy in prison perhaps?

It is isn't it? It was a drunken revenge killing in the first place. Wonder what the tariff is for that sort of thing these days?

There's a lot we don't know but the image of a 60 something scaling Pentonville's 30 feet wals with sheets tied together and then legging it from the prison is quite something.

There's a big part of me wants him to stay free but somehow, I dont think it will happen.

Bit more googling....

He was ordered to do 20 years in 1975 but one year before that was up , he absconded to Spain (escaped while his guards were plaing pool :hihi:)for three years where he apparently met a woman who gave birth to a baby whcih died soon after birth. He was then recaptured.

ONE YEAR to go??? what was he thinking? He'd have been out long ago if he'd hungon for that last year.

What a life he's had (unlike the bouncer he shot of course :( )

http://www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2012/jun/john-massey-britains-longest-serving-prisoner-who-escaped-after-climbing-pentonville-p

certain older criminals do tend to stay in prison longer

hindley etc

charles bronson

jimmy boyle

then again the ones such as bronson are cos theyre norty in prison, apparently masseys extra times cos he escaped twice before lol

The Scottish singing woman off the telly? What did she do to end up in priz?

Yet when they said about this on the news this morning, they said police have said he is extremely dangerous!

He's done 35 years for god's sake!....Has he not paid his debt to society?

I don't know the circumstances of the murder he commited all those years ago. But 35 years!!!..Come on!!!

would you feel so forgiving if it was your family member he had shot.dead ... I don't think so ! I'm of the feeling that convicted murders who plead guilty as he did should be executed anyway but that's a different story ,anyway my point being I actually knew of.someone who was murdered and me and.everybody else involved would have loved for the muderer to have served a LIFE meaning LIFE sentance and here you are claiming 35 years is enough ! you make me sick

It is isn't it? It was a drunken revenge killing in the first place. Wonder what the tariff is for that sort of thing these days?

There's a lot we don't know but the image of a 60 something scaling Pentonville's 30 feet wals with sheets tied together and then legging it from the prison is quite something.

There's a big part of me wants him to stay free but somehow, I dont think it will happen.

Back inside.

Didn't even manage a week this time. Watch this space for the next chapter,

Archived