Do we need a Government Minister for Older People?

The minister for the USA or Israel ?

We don't need a specific minister of israel, when we already have dozens of Labour, Lib Dem and Conservative MPs who are friends of israel members?

They're usually the ones embroiled in the worst political scandals, aren't they Mr Blunkett?

Cameron is already working on it. He is raising the pension age [Yes I know it was a Blair idea] so thats a start. Kill em off by working 'em to death.

Reduce the NHS, that will kill a few more and save billions of pounds. Smarmy Dave is working on that as well.

Increase the speed limits on all roads to 100mph, that should catch a few old 'uns out as well. :hihi::loopy:

What's the latest on the winter fuel bonus? Is it still available? Can pensioners afford to light the gas fire for an hour a day during winter? Or will they freeeeeeeeeeze to death at home?

Do OAPs still have free bus travel? Some would ride around on the bus all day instead of staying at home and freeeeeeeeeezing to death there.

Welcome to Thatcher's Britain :|

To the ones who think we should "bump off" the old uns at retirement, How are you going to manage without your free babysitters??

Seeing as most mums will have lost their part-time jobs because they're better off staying at home instead of working, that's an irrelevant point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18618547

I think we do,we are all heading that way, some sooner then others.

Standards just arn't good enough in some Care Homes, shocking stories have been reported in the media recently.

They're are some very vulnerable elderly people in society who deserve better and need a voice to speak out for them.

depends what you want to achieve. if you want to get rid of all the " older people" then by all means go for it. if you want to get some benifit for older people first of all consider what a total ********* most ministers make of the job. for instance we do have a minister who is supposedly responsible for the quality of care homes. does this fill you with confidence for a further layer of officialdom? perhaps you may like to go and lay down for a while till this thought goes away. I may add that I am one of the "older people" and I want less interference from westminster--not more!

What's the latest on the winter fuel bonus? Is it still available? Can pensioners afford to light the gas fire for an hour a day during winter? Or will they freeeeeeeeeeze to death at home?

Do OAPs still have free bus travel? Some would ride around on the bus all day instead of staying at home and freeeeeeeeeezing to death there.

Welcome to Thatcher's Britain :|

oh dear, thatchers britain is sooo last century. do keep up with the passage of time.

Archived