Sheffield Lib Dem: Replacing Clegg “topic that people talk about most"

The all important question here is whether or not this Labour website are just stirring it up to cause mischief. Make of this what you will.

http://www.leftfootforward.org/2012/06/sheffield-lib-dem-replacing-clegg/

A Liberal Democrat activist from Sheffield, home of Nick Clegg’s constituency, has said the possibility of replacing the leader of the party is widely discussed amongst members.

The activist, who isn’t named, told the New Statesman:

“It is the topic that people talk about most in the party, but it’s a whispered conversation because people find the whole thing a bit difficult.”

Lib Dem approval ratings have dropped dramatically since their unprecedented popularity in the run up to the 2010 general election. Broken election promises on tuition fees and other actions in support of the Tories have alienated some of the most die hard Liberals.

Could be labour stirring things up.

Who'd take over from Cleggyboy?

Who'd want to?

Other than Vince Cable (who is seventy next year!), name one other Lib Dem MP or minister in the public eye...

Then again, Sheffield's always had a militant streak going back hundreds of years, so you never know, the article could be true :)

of course Labour are trying to stir up trouble. Their only way back in office is by breaking up the coalition. Whether this should be allowed is another matter but I would never expect Labour to act like adults anyway.

Could be labour stirring things up.

Who'd take over from Cleggyboy?

Who'd want to?

Other than Vince Cable (who is seventy next year!), name one other Lib Dem MP or minister in the public eye...

Then again, Sheffield's always had a militant streak going back hundreds of years, so you never know, the article could be true :)

There's that one that looks like Beaker from The Muppets who announces all the bad news, can't remember his name.

of course Labour are trying to stir up trouble. Their only way back in office is by breaking up the coalition. Whether this should be allowed is another matter but I would never expect Labour to act like adults anyway.

Indeed, New Labour's reliance on spin doctors Strategic Communications makes a mockery of democracy :mad:

It's the sort of behaviour I expect to see in the schoolyard or a third-world dictatorship.

Strange that all those Lib Dems who were frantically trying to get people to vote for them during the election have been noticeable by their absence since the results. Rather than ask whether Labour is stirring it up perhaps it would be better to ask the Lib Dems the question.

I do know that those that I have spoken to blame Clegg for putting the local party back to where they were 20 years ago so maybe it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they would like to have him replaced.

People criticising Clegg don't understand the concept of a coalition government. It inevitably involves a degree of compromise, allowing your coalition partners to get their own policies through in return for them accepting some of yours.

Tell me which policies the Tories have capitulated on, as part of this ConDem coalition...

Archived