Sheffield Lib Dem: Replacing Clegg “topic that people talk about most"

Guest sibon
Not a hope. Clegg has been a very good constituency MP aa was his Lib Dem predecessor Richard Allen.

I'd agree with you about Richard Allen. He was consistently excellent. Clegg has always had his eyes on other things and has never impressed me as a constituency MP.

Who'd take over from Cleggyboy?

Who'd want to?

Other than Vince Cable (who is seventy next year!), name one other Lib Dem MP or minister in the public eye...

tim farron is often talked about as a potential leader

chris huhne, until his mishap with the ex wife and the driving points, was a contender depending on the result of his trial then he could still be a contender

from the left of the party then simon hughes is a possibility and i wonder if charles kennedy might be tempted back as a sort of interim "healing the rift" leader at least initially.

just as an aside, for those thinking about a labour replacement for ed miliband then here's someone who would jump at the chance......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jun/27/tony-blair-prime-minister-again

I think you will find that after the next election, the leader to be toppled will not be Cameron or Clegg, but Miliband. Well that's if they don't remove him before the election, as Labour are unelectable with him in place.

Could be labour stirring things up.

Who'd take over from Cleggyboy?

Who'd want to?

Other than Vince Cable (who is seventy next year!), name one other Lib Dem MP or minister in the public eye...

Then again, Sheffield's always had a militant streak going back hundreds of years, so you never know, the article could be true :)

Charles Kennedy.

Is he sober now?

Seemed pretty sober last time he was on telly. Best libdem that ever lived (no, I know that's not difficult). His voting record was impeccable. Strong critic of the invasions.

Sobriety isn't the only measure of a man. Hiccup!

Archived