Is touching a woman's bottom "sexual assault"?

I remember Dave Allen the owner of josephines coming up to me in the wine bar and saying "my wife is complaining because you have touched nearly every womans backside that has walked pass" I said "what's she complaining about did I miss her out? tell her to do another walk by in five minutes":hihi::hihi:...

IT'S A JOKE.

No you aren't. You are being artificially contentious.

It is clearly unacceptable behaviour, no need for any debate.

Whoops! Seven pages of debate suggest you called that wrong, Sibon. As such a poor judge of forummers interest in a topic, perhaps it's time to hand in your moderator badge, maybe? :hihi:

Well lets put it this way, what would be your own reaction if a bloke started to grope your wife or girlfriends backside.?.

It all depnds on the context. If we were out having a quite meal in a restaurant then yes, I'd take offence.

But if she was out with the lasses in a nightclub and they'd had a few, then she's fair game. She doesn't need me to defend her, if any man tries it on with her she's quite capable of telling them where to get off.

Guest sibon
Whoops! Seven pages of debate suggest you called that wrong, Sibon. As such a poor judge of forummers interest in a topic, perhaps it's time to hand in your moderator badge, maybe? :hihi:

On the contrary. 43/120 posts by Teddybare. Virtually no debate, just lots of trolling as I said.

yes i guess it is annoying but as you say if you wernt groped a little in a club you would have felt short changed or at least "whats up with me" ?

its certainly not sexual assault:loopy: some women get much more frisky and going straight to the point feelwise:o with men after a few vinos if you know what i mean? even in the classy places:hihi: after the first touch and the women says "oy" or probably worse then its time to back off, anyone who carries on deserves to be kneed in the crown jewels:o

Exactly the point I was trying to make. As a rule, women who go out clubbing do so in a group and if one of them was touched inappropriately by a man they would soon find a way to stop him, wither by shouting at him to stop, reporting him to the bouncers or giving him a slap. There's no need for courts to get involved.

For if bum-touching is an offence then I've actually been a victim of sexual assault myself! I was coming back from London on a train one saturday night when, as I walked past a bunch of women who'd been on a shopping trip and were now knocking back the wine, one of them quite deliberately took hold of my bum and had a good feel. Did I run screaming to the nearest lawyer to sue them for sexual assault? Of course not - I just shrugged and accepted that when people have had a few they let their inhibitions go and get a bit frisky. As the woman wasn't particularly attractive and I didn't fancy any further fumblings, I just walked off. That surely is the commonsense way to react?

Archived