Public sector jobs should be tax free!

A woman on QT just shouted, "I work in the public sector and pay 32% tax, close the 1% tax loophole!"

Clap clap clap! (Fair do's with clapping about closing the loophole - we need one system for all - a just system)

But why the hell are we taxing a woman we pay, that is just needless bureaucracy!

We could lay off loads of staff at HMRC who deal with public sector wages and tax. Or divert them to targetting the large tax avoiders.

Either way. It's pointless to tax the people we pay with money derived from taxation!

Taxing public sector workers is like paying council tax benefit to those to poor to pay.

They should be tax exempt in the first place.

£6 an hour wages, but £1 an hour to work.

Shouldn't it just be fiver an hour wages?

A woman on QT just shouted, "I work in the public sector and pay 32% tax, close the 1% tax loophole!"

Clap clap clap! (Fair do's with clapping about closing the loophole - we need one system for all - a just system)

But why the hell are we taxing a woman we pay, that is just needless bureaucracy!

We could lay off loads of staff at HMRC who deal with public sector wages and tax. Or divert them to targetting the large tax avoiders.

Either way. It's pointless to tax the people we pay with money derived from taxation!

Taxing public sector workers is like paying council tax benefit to those to poor to pay.

They should be tax exempt in the first place.

£6 an hour wages, but £1 an hour to work.

Shouldn't it just be fiver an hour wages?

Do you know something, I joined this topic just because I like question time over all the political tripe on the parliament channel, but having read your post again in full I think that you have a rather valid point and one that should be forefront of this discussion rather than my previous post.

If they are talking about cut backs then it should start with the work load of the public sector and any idea that could do that is worth, at least, talking about.

Nice post... making me think...

Some people who work in the public sector have other incomes too, so it actually makes the sums easier & makes it cheaper to run than your proposed system.

So, just make anyone working in the public sector have to declare any other incomes such as politicians and other people who do who work for us?

I think it would work, if you work in the public sector then your contract could easily have a clause that your exemption from tax would rely on your transparency of further earnings.

Like I said this to me is a very good topic and one that needs a lot of thrashing about but has potential to free up a lot of time/money.

Simplify everything, if we are going to start and simplify the benefits system, lets cut a lot of other c**p out of the running of this country and get it leaner to ride the crest of the wave which I fear is still to come.

A tin foil hat would be an advised safety protection.

The disorientation to come will mangle completely many trade structures - that is why unemployment shall rise. - Productive work will become a good investment (But because of a lack of it - not new ventures - i.e. prosperity). It will only become an attractive investment due to a lack of investment from foreign powers - slave masters.

Work and trade = wealth.

Strikes achieve nothing. The future will decided upon factory, land and production seizures.

Factory coups so to speak. What the revolutionaries need to consider is the entire supply chain, which are actually quite detached from each other and run through various 3PL/. Lot of organisation needed. Having men work without pay or for labour certificates they are unaccustomed to is going to be the biggest challenge.

-Grow XYZ and you get ABC and XYZ.

- Grow ABC and you get XYZ and ABC.

Simples.

No rent upon the land - the land is owned by the people - in a true democracy at least.

So, just make anyone working in the public sector have to declare any other incomes such as politicians and other people who do who work for us?

I think it would work, if you work in the public sector then your contract could easily have a clause that your exemption from tax would rely on your transparency of further earnings.

Like I said this to me is a very good topic and one that needs a lot of thrashing about but has potential to free up a lot of time/money.

Would you give them allowances? What about somebody in a £100k public sector job with a private income too? The tax office would still need to know how much they're all earning from their public sector jobs to know how much tax to charge on any other incomes (includes things like interest on savings, it's not just a small minority), so it wouldn't really save anything. There are also tax relief schemes like gift aid for charitable donations & tax relief for pension contributions to complicate it more. It's much easier to just have them pay the same tax as anybody else, rather than set up a new system for public sector employees. It also helps to reduce any allegations of unfairness.

I hate it when people in the public sector go on about paying tax. They don't.

Those deductions from my pay must be for the fairies then.

Seeing as everyone (:suspect:) who works for the public sector is on PAYE it should be a relatively simple and not especially costly process to tax them.

What is daft is that public sector employers (NHS, Police, Govt Departments etc) have to pay Employers' National Insurance. That really is one hand taking money from the other hand.

This means when The Government increases the rate of Employers' NI, in order to increase tax take, the local hospital has to pay more to the Treasury, so it goes to the Treasury to ask for more money, to make up for the increased NI it has had to pay. That just seems ridiculous. But then Employers' NI is daft anyway, why penalise an employer for providing jobs?

Archived