Israeli flag added to Star and Stripes

At the time of the Suez crisis in the fifties, when Kemal Abdul Nasser insisted the Suez Canal was his, Britain, France, and Israel joined forces in an armed action to secure the canal. I was aboard HMS Albion at the time, and my squadron was flying fighter bombers in support of the Parachute Regiment in the desert. We were suddenly warned by the Eisenhower Administration that we were to cease and desist, or face the consequences. The French stopped at once, we reluctantly stopped too, but the Israelis were hell bent on continuing. That canal was blocked for a long time, creating the super tanker that could carry a lot more oil round the cape instead of the canal, but to Israel it was life. I don't know why Ike disapproved, I think he said it was a threat to world peace but I'm not sure. If he said it he was wrong, but it damaged the relationship to an extent that the RN never quite forgave him.

I dont remember much about the Suez do but werent the Soviets making noises about getting involved?

While that may be true it's a different matter when it comes to Jews "americans" kinda resent them. Ever heard of the Jew claw?

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jew_Claw

Gad! America would have been much the poorer without them. What about Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, the imortal Hollywood classics (far better than the computerized tripe Tinsel Town churns out today ! And without Oppenheimer? :o

Thats just scratching the surface

Gad! America would have been much the poorer without them. What about Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, the imortal Hollywood classics (far better than the computerized tripe Tinsel Town churns out today ! And without Oppenheimer? :o

Thats just scratching the surface

I don't think rednecks really care about that :hihi:

I don't think rednecks really care about that :hihi:

Maybe the England team could do with a good Jewish manager. New strategies for defence and offence on the field. They're good at that technical stuff you know.

Who knows England might manage to stay in the world cup series a bit longer than a couple of games :hihi:

I dont remember much about the Suez do but werent the Soviets making noises about getting involved?
Yes they were, so maybe Eisenhower was worried about another WW3 threat and figured he was the only one who could 'persuade' his friends. It didn't come across that way to the men fighting.

Maybe the England team could do with a good Jewish manager. New strategies for defence and offence on the field. They're good at that technical stuff you know.

Who knows England might manage to stay in the world cup series a bit longer than a couple of games :hihi:

We're sending a few of our rednecks over to London for the Olympics to teach the locals the words of the Star Spangled Banner. They'll be hearing it a lot.:hihi:

Yes they were, so maybe Eisenhower was worried about another WW3 threat and figured he was the only one who could 'persuade' his friends. It didn't come across that way to the men fighting.[/QUOTE]

I remember a Colonel, very much like that character Colonel Kilgore in "Apocalypse Now" who told us to "pray for war men... pray for war"

I thought he was either drunk or loony and so did quite a lot of others. He claimed he had fought in the Pacific in WW2 and I wondered why having been through that he would say such a thing

Eisenhower on the other hand knew about war. He was the only Republican President worth anything IMO

Archived