Apparently we're not in recession some people on here have said

Or, let's everyone of us spend our savings on goods. That would create an increased demand and more jobs.

We've been manipulated into this situation, you don't seem to suggest any way out. I'm not an economist or financial commentator so I really have no idea what would help but I'm pretty sure telling everyone they're in recession and it's never going to end can only serve to make things worse.

When the yanks start spending and borrowing again, everyone else will and this manufactured recession will be over. I reckon it'd happen sooner if there were less doomsayers around.

Yep, you're definitely not an economist.

You would rather our government lie to us about the levels of debt and hope that it would all go away,without us realising?

It's not as simple as "people need to spend more". If it was,we wouldn't be in this situation would we?

Yep, you're definitely not an economist.

You would rather our government lie to us about the levels of debt and hope that it would all go away,without us realising?

It's not as simple as "people need to spend more". If it was,we wouldn't be in this situation would we?

Do you honestly believe you are not being lied to by our government?

I believe it's being vastly over egged so those in power can sell of services and implement their wet dream of austerity. If everyone was spending, all over the world there'd be money moving around and changing hands. What possible benefit is there to panic and austerity?

Do you honestly believe you are not being lied to by our government?

I believe it's being vastly over egged so those in power can sell of services and implement their wet dream of austerity. If everyone was spending, all over the world there'd be money moving around and changing hands. What possible benefit is there to panic and austerity?

That depends on whether the spending is driven by income or by debt.

Or, let's everyone of us spend our savings on goods. That would create an increased demand and more jobs.

We've been manipulated into this situation, you don't seem to suggest any way out. I'm not an economist or financial commentator so I really have no idea what would help but I'm pretty sure telling everyone they're in recession and it's never going to end can only serve to make things worse.

When the yanks start spending and borrowing again, everyone else will and this manufactured recession will be over. I reckon it'd happen sooner if there were less doomsayers around.

If "everyone of us" had savings then that may be a possible solution in the short term.

However, the policies of the last 40 years have resulted in the upwards movement of wealth, leaving working people more and more squeezed.

It just goes to show the absurdity of a system that relies on the economic activity of those who, as a result of the same system, have the least.

That depends on whether the spending is driven by income or by debt.

Why can't it be driven by savings? Many people have savings but they're too afraid to spend them because mecky keeps posting bad news from the mail :)

I was going to buy a new bike until I read this thread. That's 12000 he's cost the economy today. :o

If "everyone of us" had savings then that may be a possible solution in the short term.

However, the policies of the last 40 years have resulted in the upwards movement of wealth, leaving working people more and more squeezed.

It just goes to show the absurdity of a system that relies on the economic activity of those who, as a result of the same system, have the least.

Agreed. But what if people (including the rich) were forced to spend it?

Do. If everyone was spending, all over the world there'd be money moving around and changing hands. What possible benefit is there to panic and austerity?

Its called capitalism ……… every now and then the bean counters have to re-jig the figures, the only problem is they forget its peoples lives they are playing with and not just a computer game they are playing in their plush offices somewhere on Canary wharf.

Excellent news for whom?

Everyone, there is only a need growth in the economy whilst the population is increasing, fewer jobs in the Uk means less people coming here, so hopefully the population will stop increasing and start decreasing. We could stay in recession indefinitely proving the population also decreases. Housing will become more affordable with fewer people wanting them, and with lower housing costs your wage will go further so no need for a pay rise. :)

Everyone, there is only a need growth in the economy whilst the population is increasing, fewer jobs in the Uk means less people coming here, so hopefully the population will stop increasing and start decreasing. We could stay in recession indefinitely proving the population also decreases. Housing will become more affordable with fewer people wanting them, and with lower housing costs your wage will go further so no need for a pay rise. :)

Oh dear of dear

Archived