Log book ruined due to withdraw of sale

i had a buyer for my car yesterday, they came and checked the car over and were really pleased and said they wanted the car deffo, i wrote out receipt exchanged details and filled in the log book for changes then after ages of waiting for them to sort out their insurance, they said their insurance company were saying the cars manual and not automatic (its auto) and couldnt give them a quote

they walked away (well drove away) they had come from the south east over 3 hrs drive!! i couldnt believe it, now ive got a log book with all this persons details in it crossed out, does anyone know if i can still sell the car to someone else with this log book or will i have to ring up the DVLA???

thanx in advance

GF x

Just tipex out and enter the new keepers details as for the auto manual thingy just go onto dvla site and type in vehicle details if it comes up auto just print it off.the tipex is fine all dvla want to know is who is the registered keeper.

thats what we did regarding the auto manual thingy,as weve had it insured for 18mth no prob, (its an import though toyota) i think these folk were time wasters and didnt anticipate the insurance quote they got, fancy driving all the way from darn sarth to sit in a starngers house for 3 hrs? and thanx for the advice robbo X

GF x

Never fill out the log book until you have the cash.

honest to god they were buying it, and then when i said money please they started stalling, i knew something wsnt right, but cheers for future advice XX

GF x

thats what we did regarding the auto manual thingy,as weve had it insured for 18mth no prob, (its an import though toyota) i think these folk were time wasters and didnt anticipate the insurance quote they got, fancy driving all the way from darn sarth to sit in a starngers house for 3 hrs? and thanx for the advice robbo X

GF x

Don't you mean dahn saaf?

I would've expected any buyers with sense to get an insurance quote first, but...

This does sound dodgy...

Did you at any point leave the car's manuals or logbook with them? I remember reading a story in a car magazine several years that certain high spec Japanese cards kept the ignition key serial numbers in the manuals, so if you leave the documentation with the prospective owner 'while he checks into the cars' history', he'll nip down to the nearest Nissan dealer, make a copy of the ignition key, and then YOU come back home one evening to realise not only has your pride and joy been nicked, but he's got the logbook too :o

Archived