Best and Cheapest way to Brighton from Sheffield

Hi

Just been looking at a similar journey today.

Megabus from Sheffield to London tickets can cost £3 for a single tickets. National Express from London to Brighton also can cost from £3.50 for a single.

Can't drive it for less then £10!

Hi

Just been looking at a similar journey today.

Megabus from Sheffield to London tickets can cost £3 for a single tickets. National Express from London to Brighton also can cost from £3.50 for a single.

Can't drive it for less then £10!

Sounds good that cheers for that, never thought of coach from London to Brighton, any idea how long it takes, it only takes train 50 odd minutes...

I think the total journey is about 7 hours. The bus from London to Brighton is about2 hours.

I am planning this journey overnight, and the total has come to the £6.50. Which is a bit of a bargain!

The National Express price for the journey is £28 for a single ticket.

Don't Megabus still run a London to Brighton service? If they do, that would be by far the cheapest - although "best" is a subjective measurement. I no longer consider it worth while to spend seven hours on a bus in order to save the £20 that would have got me there on a comfortable train in less than half the time.

Sheffield to St Pancras, London by train Tube to London Bridge or Victoria station. Frequent train service to Brighton every day but make certain it's not one that stops at every station. Express stopping at Clapham Junction, Gatwick Airport only will get there pretty fast

I've just got this:

Departs 10:05 Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange

Arrives 14:00 London , Victoria Coach Station

Travel time 4 hours

Price £6.00

15:06 London Victoria [VIC] Platform 15 Brighton (East Sussex) [bTN] Platform 5 15:58 52m 0 (East Sussex)

cheapest fare

Single Fare

£5.00

Journey time 52 minutes:

Total Journey time 4 hours 52 Minutes

Cost £11.00

Sheffield to St Pancras, London by train Tube to London Bridge or Victoria station. Frequent train service to Brighton every day but make certain it's not one that stops at every station. Express stopping at Clapham Junction, Gatwick Airport only will get there pretty fast

There are trains from St Pancras to Brighton. A bit slower than the equivalent Victoria to Brighton trains but you make up the time by avoiding the Tube journey and you definitely avoid the hassle.

Both those miss the "cheapest" in the title though.

Archived