Dream Beds Anyone Had Any Problems

Do you have the delivery dates in writing? If so then you're likely to have an argument that they are in breach of contract and that you a refund of any money paid.

Did you buy at a distance rather than in a shop? If so then you can cancel and get a refund under the Distance Selling Act.

Being in the furniture trade dreams have all ways performed well and have a good presence on the high street, They must have had an error on system as usually service from there seems to be good only saying what my customers tell me. Much better than Benson for Beds and DFS as all they want is hard sale and only sell models they have offers on instore.

I got good friendly service from a girl in Dreams but soon sussed out that the pre reduction prices are pie in the sky. £1200 for a double bed made from chipboard and fake leather?? Same as DFS they have a permenant sale on

Oh this isn't looking very promising. I've got some mattresses on order from Dreams for the holiday cottage, they're meant to be delivering on 9th July. I wonder if I'll ever see them? :|

Against all expectations, I have a happy ending to report, although things weren't looking good for a while. Today was the scheduled delivery date and at 10am the driver called to say my delivery would be between 1 and 3pm. Great, I said. 1 o'clock came, then 2 o'clock and the phone rang again. The driver was very sorry but his van had broken down and wouldn't be able to deliver to me today after all, and would rearrange it for Thursday. Uh-oh. The cottage is a three hour drive from Sheffield and endlessly shifting delivery dates were not an option, so I called their customer services and told them I was cancelling the order. We can't cancel it for you today while it's on the van, they said, ring back tomorrow. Ok. Less than an hour later the driver called me again, he'd fixed his van and could deliver today after all! He was with me about an hour and a half later, took the new mattresses up to the bedroom, took the old mattresses for recycling and took all the packaging away with him :)

The cynic in me thinks saying I was cancelling worked wonders, but what the hell, I have a result.

Received my July copy of "Which?" magazine a couple of days ago. Members have rated Dreams mattresses the worst out of 19 brands and 11 retailers.

It'll be interesting to see how long they last. I ordered from them because they take the old mattresses away, which would've been a problem otherwise.

Archived