Fish and chip restaurants in Sheffield

PopT

The Harlequin on Howard Street was the best that I can remember. Not really a restaurant, but it had a small room at the back where you could "eat in"

I loved the Harlequin, I am not too sure though if Sheffield would benefit from a "restaurant", I've always known em as "chip oiles". But if they were to build one Valley Centretainment would be favourite spot IMO.

Friday tea time was always traditionally "chippy" tea, and people do carry that tradition on, mind you its expensive now. Plus they lost their appeal when the do gooders said could not put em in newspaper no more, they did go on other protective paper 1st don't they know.

Floater

Thanks for recommending Whitby's Restaurant at Catcliffe.

We went today to give it a go and it was great.

The food and service was excellent, a place where you could take anyone and not be disappointed.

Happy days! PopT

That's right it was the Friary. Thought it was just a chippy though. I do remember having Fish & Chips, bread & butter and a cup of tea upstairs at the Harlequin many a time.

I think there was a couple of tables if I remember rightly, certainly not a restaurant, a Greek bloke ran it.

i went to a place today just around the corner from Staniforth Road in Attercliffe on the next block to Banners. There are lots of tables at the back. Cost me £4.90 for fish, chips and peas, a breadcake and mug of tea. Cost my mate a quid less cos he is over 60. It was yummy.

i went to a place today just around the corner from Staniforth Road in Attercliffe on the next block to Banners. There are lots of tables at the back. Cost me £4.90 for fish, chips and peas, a breadcake and mug of tea. Cost my mate a quid less cos he is over 60. It was yummy.

Can't also remember name but I've had same great reports about it off friends, especially those over 60, just had a thought is it Robin Hood's Bay?

Archived