Babyshambles at plug tues 10th jan

I went to see the shambles at the old fuzz club, one of the funniest gigs i have ever been to..... grown men crying cos they loved pete so much, offering their girlfriends to him..... all topped off by te support act, sheffield's very own The Dodgems who had the dodgiest american accents I have ever heard.... And they were a bit rubbish

Well for people who couldn't care less about Doherty you're making a few posts about him and his band ;)

Whoever said what good songs has he done, well the Libertines were brilliant. Don't look back into the sun, Can't stand me now, what became of the likely lads, plus killamangiro with shambles - all great songs. I'm no fan of Doherty's, he'll be lucky to see past his 30's, but you can't say he hasn't done anything good. What have the Libertines done since he left?

People pay to go and see him because they haven't got a clue what will happen, the unpredictability is part of his appeal.

No i won't be going in case anyone was wondering, i thought this thread was supposed to let people know that they were performing, if you wan't to start a Doherty bashing thread make your own.

Originally posted by Rob_1

Well for people who couldn't care less about Doherty you're making a few posts about him and his band ;)

Whoever said what good songs has he done, well the Libertines were brilliant. Don't look back into the sun, Can't stand me now, what became of the likely lads, plus killamangiro with shambles - all great songs. I'm no fan of Doherty's, he'll be lucky to see past his 30's, but you can't say he hasn't done anything good. What have the Libertines done since he left?

People pay to go and see him because they haven't got a clue what will happen, the unpredictability is part of his appeal.

No i won't be going in case anyone was wondering, i thought this thread was supposed to let people know that they were performing, if you wan't to start a Doherty bashing thread make your own.

Emm, the libertines split up.......

I'll be going, but only because a friend has a spare ticket. Babyshambles are one of those ever rare "marmite" bands - you either love them or hate them. Ironically i think they are ok.

Pete is not god, he's an average song-writer playing some "tortured genius" act but its a million times more interesting than Coldplays "in bed by 10" act.

Archived